.forward file and procmail under SCO 5.0.5 - how?

NCS

Nov 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/10/99
[This followup was posted to comp.unix.sco.misc and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

Does anyone have a .forward file that calls procmail succesfully. I
can't seem to get it to go. I have tried the following for roots
.forward file. I have also tried various others. Anyone have one thats
tried and true with SCO 5.0.5. It's running sendmail 8.8.8b by the way.

#.forward
#-----------------------------------------------------------
"IFS=' ' && exec /u/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #root"
#-----------------------------------------------------------

#.procmailrc looks like this
#----------------------------------------------
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin
MAILDIR=/
SENDMAIL=/usr/lib/sendmail
LOGFILE=/proclog
VERBOSE=ON

:0c:
MBox
#----------------------------------------------

I gather this would create a copy of the mail in /MBox. I don't know I
haven't got that far.

procmail exists in /usr/local/bin and executes if I type "exec
/usr/local/bin/procmail".

Anyone hope would be great

Cheers Scott

P.S Please reply to sc...@ncs.co.nz as well as posting

Andrzej Filip

Nov 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/10/99
NCS wrote:

0) Does the ,forward file work with "plain" forward ?
(You may have general .forward problem)
.forward:
another-user

1) Does "sendmail -bv username" shows ~username/.forward expansion ?

2) try the following test script (sendmail delivers in verbose mode)

#!/bin/sh
RCPT=username
/usr/lib/sendmail -v -oi -t <<END
TO: $RCPT
SUBJECT: test

test message - ignore it
END

--
Andrzej (Andrew) A. Filip - Warsaw, Poland
http://bigfoot.com/~anfi | fax2mail: +1(801)327-6278