"COPY TO" oddness. Could someone confirm it?

hua

Jun 7, 2010, 2:19:52 AM6/7/10
Using the latest xHarbour from cvs. COPY TO doesn't seems to respect SET
DEFAULT. Could others confirm whether this is just an oddity with my
compilation or there really is a bug? Here's a self-contained example:

function main()
local cTmp := "tmp123"

makedir(".\data")
set default to ".\data"

dbcreate("ta_poll",{ {"id", "c", 3, 0} } )
? file("ta_poll.dbf")

use ta_poll
copy to (cTmp)
? file(cTmp+".dbf") // got .f. when was expecting .t.

return nil

TIA

hua

Jun 7, 2010, 3:28:10 AM6/7/10
forgot to mention that I compiled xHarbour using BCC 5.82

TIA.

Budyanto Dj.

Jun 7, 2010, 3:50:46 AM6/7/10
IIRC:

This line:

> set default to ".\data"

should be either:

> set default to .\data

or:
> set default to (".\data")

regards,
budyanto

hua

Jun 7, 2010, 5:26:16 AM6/7/10
Thanks Budyanto. Yes that was a mistake of mine when writing it. It
should be enclosed in parentheses.

Now the console program produce the expected result. But my similar test
program that links in Fivewin still doesn't. I'll try to see whether
Antonio can help me with this.

Thanks again.

Grzegorz

Jun 7, 2010, 7:50:36 AM6/7/10

Problem with paths in COPY TO seems to be for a long time in xHarbour
(from the beginning?)
Look at this thread: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.xharbour/browse_frm/thread/35f0d6d8fc24204d

Regards
Grzegorz

hua

Jun 8, 2010, 3:02:45 AM6/8/10
Grzegorz wrote:
> Problem with paths in COPY TO seems to be for a long time in xHarbour
> (from the beginning?)
> Look at this thread: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.xharbour/browse_frm/thread/35f0d6d8fc24204d

Thanks for pointing that out Grzegorz. I've never notice that as I
rarely use COPY FILE. To me, what's odd is when I test with an xHarbour
console program, it seems to respect SET DEFAULT.

Only when I linked in Fivewin does this problem appears. Yet, others
using Fivewin never mention encountering such problem so I couldn't
actually pinpoint where the error lies.

As a temporary workaround I try using the binaries from xHarbour.org and
that makes my problem goes away. The link I used was
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xharbour/xharbour-1.20.01.bin.w32.bcc32.5.82.zip