Type Arabic In Xharbour

CLIPPER_REVIVE

May 28, 2010, 2:28:49 AM5/28/10
Hi Every body using xharbour, i find this language very fascniting as
i have started learning, and it has been a pleasent suprise.
comming to the point

I am converting an accounting package developed in clipper 5.3 /dbfntx
using 3rd part uitilities to display/print arabic text Musaad Al
Arabic(Codepage 786), I have been able to complie the soure code, ahh
ofcourse by commenting the 3rd party function calls, Like "call
clip_api with "screen arabic,lock""

i suppose i should discard this 3rd party tool to display arabic text
coz i am able to display arabic text using GTvwt lib and setting the
code page by using WvT_SetCodePage(178), this displays the arabic text
what i type in the .prg file,

what i need to know to do,

1. Shift the complete screen to right to left ( Say In vb Right to
left property of grids)
2.when using Gtwvt lib All Dbedit() screen boders are rubbish chars
( like ؤؤؤؤؤؤؤؤ)
3. Type arabic text / yes i can type but they dont join

kindly help me with this, i wish to make a lib to support right to
left type and printing arabic characters, and share with all harbour
enthusists.

plz contact me at hbinmadi (at) yahoo (.) com

thank you

Ayub_007

Jun 10, 2010, 12:52:58 AM6/10/10
On May 27, 11:28 pm, CLIPPER_REVIVE <mohmmeda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Every body using xharbour, i find this language very fascniting as
> i have started learning, and it has been a pleasent suprise.
> comming to the point
>
> I am converting an accounting package developed in clipper 5.3 /dbfntx
> using 3rd part uitilities to display/print arabic text Musaad Al
> Arabic(Codepage 786), I have been able to complie the soure code, ahh
> ofcourse by commenting the 3rd party function calls, Like "call
> clip_api with "screen arabic,lock""
>
> i suppose i should discard this 3rd party tool to display arabic text
> coz i am able to display arabic text using GTvwt lib and setting the
> code page by using WvT_SetCodePage(178), this displays the arabic text
> what i type in the .prg file,
>
> what i need to know to do,
>
> 1. Shift the complete screen to right to left ( Say In vb Right to
> left property of grids)
> 2.when using Gtwvt lib All Dbedit() screen boders are rubbish chars
> ( like ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ)

> 3. Type arabic text / yes i can type but they dont join
>
> kindly help me with this, i wish to make a lib to support right to
> left type and printing arabic characters, and share with all harbour
> enthusists.
>
> plz contact me at hbinmadi (at) yahoo (.) com
>
> thank you

At Last I Have Found the Solution by myself, looks like i am lonely
programmer working in the arabic world
now i can type arabic language,
i had to edit the hbapigt.h and rebuild xharbour that is clean rebuild

Old Code I Have Changed This To
dwn-crnr - dwn-crnr
| - |
#define _B_SINGLE "\xDA \xC4 \xBF \xB3 \xD9
\xC4\xC0\xB3"
#define _B_DOUBLE "\xC9\xCD\xBB\xBA\xBC\xCD\xC8\xBA"
#define _B_SINGLE_DOUBLE "\xD6\xC4\xB7\xBA\xBD\xC4\xD3\xBA"
#define _B_DOUBLE_SINGLE "\xD5\xCD\xB8\xB3\xBE\xCD\xD4\xB3"
#define HB_B_SINGLE_V '\xB3'
#define HB_B_SINGLE_H '\xC4'
#define HB_B_DOUBLE_V '\xBA'
#define HB_B_DOUBLE_H '\xCD'
*/
#define _B_SINGLE "\x97\x97\x97\x7c\x97\x97\x97\x7c"
#define _B_DOUBLE "\x97\x97\x97\x7c\x97\x97\x97\x7c"
#define _B_SINGLE_DOUBLE "\x97\x97\x97\x7c\x97\x97\x97\x7c"
#define _B_DOUBLE_SINGLE "\x97\x97\x97\x7c\x97\x97\x97\x7c"
#define HB_B_SINGLE_V '\x7C'
#define HB_B_SINGLE_H '\x97'
#define HB_B_DOUBLE_V '\x7C'
#define HB_B_DOUBLE_H '\x97'

after using GTWvW i was also abale to type in arabic, this language is
fasacniting, i have started like it, being open source has help me do
this, thank you xharbour for makeing it gnu lic.

thank you