Borland Turbo C++ ver 5.8.2

Rick Lipkin

Jul 5, 2007, 8:43:59 AM7/5/07
To All

I see where Borland has released it's 'turbo' versions .. specifically C++.
A few questions ??

1) Any significant changes from 5.5 ?
2) Is their an integrated 32 bit resource editor included ?
3) Is the command line executables and linker the same as in 5.5 ?

Thanks
Rick Lipkin
SC Dept of Health, USA

luiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes

Jul 5, 2007, 8:54:29 AM7/5/07
Rick

> To All
>
> I see where Borland has released it's 'turbo' versions .. specifically
> C++. A few questions ??
>
> 1) Any significant changes from 5.5 ?
yes

> 2) Is their an integrated 32 bit resource editor included ?
yes

> 3) Is the command line executables and linker the same as in 5.5 ?
yes

Regards
Luiz

fatfat

Jul 5, 2007, 8:58:20 AM7/5/07
is there any adv.antage to using the new bcc ?

Thanks

"luiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes" <lu...@xharbour.com.br> 撰寫於郵件新聞:468cea2d$0$1340$834e...@reader.greatnowhere.com...

Julio Cesar Cantillo Molina

Jul 5, 2007, 10:33:28 AM7/5/07
Luiz:

Thanks for the info. Already using it succesfully.

Regards,

Julio C. Cantillo M.

"luiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes" <lu...@xharbour.com.br> escribió en el mensaje

Rick Lipkin

Jul 5, 2007, 1:16:50 PM7/5/07
Luiz

Question(s) .. can the resource editor create and save just .rc ?? .. Also
.. I notice where you have to register .. I did not go any further .. is
their an upgrade price or a purchase price required ??

Thanks
Rick Lipkin

"Julio Cesar Cantillo Molina" <julioc...@sperceptivas.com> wrote in
message news:468d01a2$0$1341$834e...@reader.greatnowhere.com...

Julio Cesar Cantillo Molina

Jul 5, 2007, 1:35:41 PM7/5/07
Rick:

After registration, log in with your id and you'll see the keys required to
install the product.
The basic part is free.

Regards,

Julio

"Rick Lipkin" <lipkin...@yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje

Rick Lipkin

Jul 5, 2007, 2:22:26 PM7/5/07
Julio

'Basic' ... I don't mind paying for anything I like or want .. just curious
.. All I need is the compiler, linker and a resource editor .. I presume the
compiler and linker are 'basic' .. how about the resource editor ??

Rick Lipkin

"Julio Cesar Cantillo Molina" <julioc...@sperceptivas.com> wrote in

message news:468d2bd3$0$1347$834e...@reader.greatnowhere.com...

Massimo Belgrano

Jul 5, 2007, 3:40:50 PM7/5/07

Enrico Maria Giordano

Jul 5, 2007, 6:29:25 PM7/5/07

"Rick Lipkin" <lipkin...@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> .. All I need is the compiler, linker and a resource editor .. I presume the
> compiler and linker are 'basic'

You will also need of Win32 SDK libraries.

EMG

--
EMAG Software Homepage: http://www.emagsoftware.it
The EMG's ZX-Spectrum Page: http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum

Toninho@fwi

Jul 6, 2007, 8:16:41 AM7/6/07
Hi friends.

Here is the links for bcc 5.82 compiler. Only uncompress it in any
folder and is ready to use. Look at xharbour dir, inside the package
for bcc32.cfg file that I use and some .bat files.

If you can use your config or path from old bcc55, only you need is
add: \bccfolder\include\dinkumware to exiting include path.

http://rapidshare.com/files/30539513/Bcc55.7z.001
http://rapidshare.com/files/30442674/Bcc55.7z.002
http://rapidshare.com/files/30564752/Bcc55.7z.003

Use 7z to uncompress it.

Password: xharbourpower

Regards,

Toninho.

Bapu

Jul 9, 2007, 11:30:25 AM7/9/07
Dear Sirs,

Is there any benefits to us (Xharbour.org users) to use Borland 5.8.2 ? What
& How ?

Will it give any extra advantage to xharbour ?

Regards
Bapu.

"luiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes" <lu...@xharbour.com.br> wrote in message
> [...]

Massimo Belgrano

Jul 15, 2007, 5:09:26 AM7/15/07
On 6 Lug, 14:16, "Toninho@fwi" <toninho...@terra.com.br> wrote:
> Hi friends.
>
> Here is the links for bcc 5.82 compiler. Only uncompress it in any
> folder and is ready to use. Look at xharbour dir, inside the package
> for bcc32.cfg file that I use and some .bat files.
>
> If you can use your config or path from old bcc55, only you need is
> add: \bccfolder\include\dinkumware to exiting include path.
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/30539513/Bcc55.7z.001http://rapidshare.com/files/30442674/Bcc55.7z.002http://rapidshare.com/files/30564752/Bcc55.7z.003

> Use 7z to uncompress it.
>
> Password: xharbourpower
>
> Regards,
>
> Toninho.

I have downloaded
extracted in Bcc55.7z of about 275 Mb
but if extract 7zip tell me impossible open file

Toninho@fwi

Jul 16, 2007, 7:17:25 AM7/16/07
>I have downloaded
>extracted in Bcc55.7z of about 275 Mb
>but if extract 7zip tell me impossible open file

I had downloaded it again, and test with no problems.

What I do:

1) open 7zFM
2) click File, Open
3) find Bcc55.7z.001 and double click it
4) enter passsord: xharbourpower
5) click extract
6) click ok

Please tell me if it works.

Regards,

Toninho.

Massimo Belgrano

Jul 16, 2007, 8:49:04 AM7/16/07

Thanks!
now works
Where are donloadable official version?

Toninho@fwi

Jul 16, 2007, 9:55:48 AM7/16/07
>Thanks!
> now works
>Where are donloadable official version?

Here:

http://www.codegear.com/downloads/free/turbo
or
http://www.turboexplorer.com/cpp

but the easy way is get from rapidshare links,

Regards,

Toninho.

Massimo Belgrano

Jul 16, 2007, 11:11:16 AM7/16/07
On 16 Lug, 15:55, "Toninho@fwi" <toninho...@terra.com.br> wrote:
> >Thanks!
> > now works
> >Where are donloadable official version?
>
> Here:
>
> http://www.codegear.com/downloads/free/turbo
> orhttp://www.turboexplorer.com/cpp

> but the easy way is get from rapidshare links,
>
> Regards,
>
> Toninho.

i have download from rapidshare. thanks

i was little confusing regarfding differences from www.codegear.com
and http://www.borland.com/
I have read that is CodeGear Developer Tools Group of Borland and
Letter to customers, partners, and fans from Ben Smith, CEO CodeGear
http://dn.codegear.com/article/33818