Bad typo found in compiler sources

1 view

Klas Engwall

Oct 9, 2009, 7:49:14 PM10/9/09
Hi, this is for the dev team:

I have found a typo in include\hbexpra.c that breaks the i18n system.

On September 28, in a message with subject "i18n .hil file creation is
broken", I reported that the -jfilename.hil compiler flag no longer
results in a correct i18n .hil file. The header is created but there
are no text strings added.

Sadly, there was zero response. I have since then also reported the
bug in the bug reporter (twice because after a week the start page
still said that were no bugs reported ... sorry about that, I now know
that it says so no matter what).

Anyway, tonight I started digging into the compiler sources and found
the reason for the bad behavior.

When harbour.exe parses the source code of the application being
compiled, on line 2105 of hbexprb.c the expression pointed to by
szName is compared to hb_compExpr_IDs.I18N, and if they are equal the
string in the argument of the i18n() function call is written to the
hil file.

However, szName is "I18N" with an upper N and hb_compExpr_IDs.I18N is
declared in hbexpra.c as "I18n" with a lower n. So there is never a
match. I have changed my local hbexpra.c to "I18N", and the .hil file
is now created as expected.

Could someone please commit this fix?

Regards,
Klas

-------
klas dot engwall at engwall dot com

http://www.engwall.com/clipper/

The LFN Library for Clipper
The LanMan Library for Clipper
The NFPAT1A Timeslice release patch for the Nanforum Toolkit

Ron Pinkas

Oct 9, 2009, 8:01:33 PM10/9/09
Good hunting Klas, this is the beauty of open source. Would you like to get
CVS access and commit it yourself?

Ron

"Klas Engwall" <klas.e...@nospam.please> wrote in message

Klas Engwall

Oct 10, 2009, 5:23:05 PM10/10/09
Ron,

>Good hunting Klas, this is the beauty of open source. Would you like to get
>CVS access and commit it yourself?

I am not a C programmer, so except for obvious things like this one I
wouldn't know what to do with C code. It is probably safer if I just
report the things I find. Can you take over from here, please?

Regards,
Klas

Ron Pinkas

Oct 10, 2009, 10:00:10 PM10/10/09