Tcl and colorspace

Nicolas

Jan 12, 2018, 11:21:10 AM1/12/18
Hi guys,
while searching for colors manipulation, I found this page:
https://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/colorspace/versions/1.3-2

they are talking about sRGB, HSV, HLS and friends.

I was wondering if anyone have already worked on those colors models...

best regards,
nicolas

Brad Lanam

Jan 12, 2018, 3:07:31 PM1/12/18
I got HSV, HLS and plain RGB working.
I failed trying to get LUV to work.
My implementations were specific for a color chooser, so there
wasn't much of an API.

Nicolas

Jan 14, 2018, 9:53:22 AM1/14/18
It would be nice to have an xyz colorspace as defined here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIE_1931_color_space

++

Keith Nash

Jan 15, 2018, 2:16:58 PM1/15/18
The Tk demo directory has a file tcolor with commands for RGB conversion
to/from HSB. The file implements a simple HSB color chooser.

The conversion commands are duplicated in the BWidget SelectColor, which
uses them to draw a 2D hue/saturation plot on the canvas.

http://wiki.tcl.tk/54730

This is plotted as a square rather than in the form of the CIE color chart,
but it is equally useful for selecting colors.

Keith.

Nicolas

Jan 16, 2018, 2:32:31 AM1/16/18
thank you very much Keith