Using Tcl_FindExecutable without argv

halfm...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2018, 12:41:52 PM10/11/18
Hi Everyone

This is the normal way:

Tcl_FindExecutable(argv[0])

but I am in a runtime and I can't access argv[0], is there another way to access the name of the executable or is there another function I could use instead?

Thanks for reading-Patrick

Don Porter

Oct 11, 2018, 12:58:06 PM10/11/18
On 10/11/2018 12:41 PM, halfm...@gmail.com wrote:
> This is the normal way:
>
> Tcl_FindExecutable(argv[0])
>
> but I am in a runtime and I can't access argv[0], is there another
> way to access the name of the executable or is there another function
> I could use instead?

Tcl_FindExecutable(NULL);

After that, [info nameofexecutable] in that process will not return
anything useful, but other initializations should be fine.

--
| Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division |
| donald...@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory |