Is there a vagrant box for TCL web project enviroment?

AKhater

Mar 26, 2017, 11:10:22 AM3/26/17
I'm software engineer I have done many projects on PHP and Perl. Recently I start self learning in TCL language so I am trying to find a vagrant box to build an environment that runs TCL web project which it will help me to learn faster, so is there any one can help me on this if there is a box please provide me with it? Or if there is no such like this maybe we can build one and share it with others...

Harald Oehlmann

Mar 27, 2017, 6:00:49 AM3/27/17
Am 26.03.2017 um 17:10 schrieb AKhater:
> I'm software engineer I have done many projects on PHP and Perl. Recently I start self learning in TCL language so I am trying to find a vagrant box to build an environment that runs TCL web project which it will help me to learn faster, so is there any one can help me on this if there is a box please provide me with it? Or if there is no such like this maybe we can build one and share it with others...

Welcome !

If you prefer to have a web-server included solution, you may try
ActiveTCL and WUB.

If you prefer an Apache extension, please look to the Rivet page.
Packages are available for many Linux flavours.

Hope this helps,
Harald

pal...@yahoo.com

Mar 27, 2017, 9:09:12 AM3/27/17
On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 8:40:22 PM UTC+5:30, AKhater wrote:
> I'm software engineer I have done many projects on PHP and Perl. Recently I start self learning in TCL language so I am trying to find a vagrant box to build an environment that runs TCL web project which it will help me to learn faster, so is there any one can help me on this if there is a box please provide me with it? Or if there is no such like this maybe we can build one and share it with others...

Not quite what you are asking for, but Docker-tcl at https://github.com/efrecon/docker-tcl might be of interest.

Gerald W. Lester

Mar 27, 2017, 11:28:10 AM3/27/17
Just load it and run it as a local web server on your box. TclHttpd or
one of the other Tcl based servers are very lightweight.

| Gerald W. Lester |
|"The man who fights for his ideals is the man who is alive." - Cervantes|

Simon Millward

Mar 31, 2017, 1:40:17 PM3/31/17
On Sunday, 26 March 2017 16:10:22 UTC+1, AKhater wrote:
> I'm software engineer I have done many projects on PHP and Perl. Recently I start self learning in TCL language so I am trying to find a vagrant box to build an environment that runs TCL web project which it will help me to learn faster, so is there any one can help me on this if there is a box please provide me with it? Or if there is no such like this maybe we can build one and share it with others...

Hi,

I did this the other day.. just get a ubuntu-<whatever> box.. and then
apt-get tcl8.6, tcllib, etc etc...

It took about ten minutes... There is a prebuilt vagrant box for Naviserver/OpenACS called
alexinslc/navibuntu

on Atlas

Simon Millward

Mar 31, 2017, 1:45:32 PM3/31/17
On Sunday, 26 March 2017 16:10:22 UTC+1, AKhater wrote:
> I'm software engineer I have done many projects on PHP and Perl. Recently I start self learning in TCL language so I am trying to find a vagrant box to build an environment that runs TCL web project which it will help me to learn faster, so is there any one can help me on this if there is a box please provide me with it? Or if there is no such like this maybe we can build one and share it with others...

( hit reply too early :)

I had considered putting a box up on Atlas but it was so simple I'm not sure its worth it.. but.. as someone here asked perhaps it is...

I guess the two main boxes might be
Naviserver/AllOfTcl
Apache-Rivet/AllOfTcl

And probably therefore Postgres, Mysql etc...

If you know specifically what you want I'll happily put a box together.. but.. assuming you want Ubuntu virtually everything you need if covered by the package manager...

To the earlier poster... its not really about being lightweight.. running in Vagrant is a far better idea than junking up your own local machine... and you know *exactly* what environment your building in..

#vagrantlover

Hypnotoad

Apr 2, 2017, 7:55:59 PM4/2/17
On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 11:10:22 AM UTC-4, AKhater wrote:
> I'm software engineer I have done many projects on PHP and Perl. Recently I start self learning in TCL language so I am trying to find a vagrant box to build an environment that runs TCL web project which it will help me to learn faster, so is there any one can help me on this if there is a box please provide me with it? Or if there is no such like this maybe we can build one and share it with others...

The lastest edition of Tcllib includes an embedded web server. Still bleeding edge, but it's the core of what will be Tclhttpd 4

Unpack the fossil source for Tcllib and then

tclsh8.6 examples/httpd/httpd.tcl