Tcl module for eCAP?

Georgios Petasis

Sep 27, 2015, 3:02:08 PM9/27/15
Hi all,

Has anyone written any interface for eCAP? http://www.e-cap.org/

Since I plan to write one, I want to make sure that it has not been
already done.

Regards,

George

Georgios Petasis

Dec 6, 2016, 6:21:58 PM12/6/16
After more than a year, I finally found some time to code a working prototype. It uses threads, and calls Tcl procs, simulating "events". These procs can peek at the headers and modify content.

George

escargo

Dec 8, 2016, 2:08:22 AM12/8/16
What kind of use cases do you see for eCAP and the benefits of using Tcl?

Georgios Petasis

Dec 8, 2016, 4:44:53 PM12/8/16
On 8/12/2016 09:08, escargo wrote:
> What kind of use cases do you see for eCAP and the benefits of using Tcl?

I don't know in the general case, but the usage I am after is the
following: to apply NLP processing on pages I usually read, for "casual"
annotation.

Lets say that I have a sentiment analysis engine, and while I read the
news I can have also the engine analysing the pages I read, and show the
results. This way I can detect failures.

In the next step, I am going to inject code that I can store the failing
cases in a store, along with the correct annotation.

In this scenario, I am using squid as a proxy server with no cache.
The benefit of using Tcl is for me important, as my NLP processing
pipelines are based on Tcl (the Ellogon platform).

George