Alternatives to "Tk C API"

adilseb...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2017, 8:40:48 AM12/23/17
"Tk C API" are difficult to work with for usual users, no it is impossible to work with, My suggestions is to take the essentials of each element of "Tk C API", give it a new title that express its utility and inside its content you redirect users with high experience's level to your "Tk C API", exemple:
-"Tk_GetPixels" and "Tk_GetScrennMM": -we take the screen units -make a page titled " Screnn_Units" that contains those screen units -redirect the user to your "Tk C API".
And we do the same things for others.

Gerald Lester

Dec 23, 2017, 11:49:55 AM12/23/17
TIP it and provide an example implementation.

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC |
| Email: Gerald...@kng-consulting.net |
Message has been deleted

adilseb...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2017, 2:07:22 PM12/23/17
Exemples:

-Tk_GetBitmap: https://wiki.tcl.tk/49111

-Tk_GetPixels: https://wiki.tcl.tk/49098

-Tk_Getcursor:https://wiki.tcl.tk/49140

Those can be understood by everyone and
the expert can work with the coresponding "Tk C API"

Gerald Lester

Dec 23, 2017, 2:15:51 PM12/23/17
On 12/23/2017 01:07 PM, adilseb...@gmail.com wrote:
> Those can be understood by everyone and
> the expert can work with the coresponding "Tk C API"

Very few people work with or need to understand Tk's C API -- most
people just deal with it at the Tcl API level.

adilseb...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2017, 2:32:49 PM12/23/17
"Tk C API" doesn' exist in "Tcl C API".
The API are difficult to work with for normal users (especially for Tk)

Gerald Lester

Dec 23, 2017, 2:44:21 PM12/23/17
On 12/23/2017 01:32 PM, adilseb...@gmail.com wrote:
> "Tk C API" doesn' exist in "Tcl C API".
> The API are difficult to work with for normal users (especially for Tk)

I did not write "Tcl C API" -- I wrote "Tcl API", i.e. most people do
*NOT* use Tk from C, they use it from Tcl.

adilseb...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2017, 2:57:31 PM12/23/17
and why "Tk C API" are used in the description of a lot of options in "Tk"?

ian Gay

Dec 23, 2017, 4:38:09 PM12/23/17
adilseb...@gmail.com wrote:

> and why "Tk C API" are used in the description of a lot of options in
> "Tk"?

This is the 1st good point made by OP. The docs could certainly
be improved in this area.
--
*********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

adilseb...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2017, 5:35:09 PM12/23/17
1) please can you explain what is "OP"?
2) do you agree with the " alternatives" to Tk CAPI?

Gerald Lester

Dec 23, 2017, 6:46:36 PM12/23/17
On 12/23/2017 03:38 PM, ian Gay wrote:
> adilseb...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> and why "Tk C API" are used in the description of a lot of options in
>> "Tk"?
>
> This is the 1st good point made by OP. The docs could certainly
> be improved in this area.

Agreed.

adilseb...@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2017, 4:28:30 PM12/25/17
Please take a look at my work at:

https://wiki.tcl.tk/49338

And please participate with your suggestions

adilseb...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2017, 2:24:37 PM12/27/17
I don't know under which section's title I can group those alternatives? any suggestions?