How is the ip-address determined on the WiKi

Cecil Westerhof

Jun 6, 2018, 1:44:03 AM6/6/18
What is the way the ip-address on the WiKi is determined? I just
edited three pages and I see three different IP-addresses:
141.101.104.228
172.69.69.89
108.162.221.165

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

Brad Lanam

Jun 6, 2018, 9:24:24 AM6/6/18
On Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 10:44:03 PM UTC-7, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> What is the way the ip-address on the WiKi is determined? I just
> edited three pages and I see three different IP-addresses:
> 141.101.104.228
> 172.69.69.89
> 108.162.221.165

The wiki is using cloudfront (name?). The IP addresses reported
are cloudfront's IPs. The IP reporting is rather useless now.

Harald Oehlmann

Jun 6, 2018, 9:30:53 AM6/6/18
Brad,
could it be removed?

We are sorry, Europeans are so mad about personal data protection.
We will anyway need a section "Imprint" and "Personal data use" on the
title page of the Wiki. I may help here.

I suppose, we have stored the Nickname and the useless IP.
All this must be mentioned.

I suppose, a disclaimer of warranty is also needed for the US.

So maybe, a page on the front side with "Legal Information" may be
created holding all this information.

Thanks,
Harald

Brad Lanam

Jun 6, 2018, 9:38:27 AM6/6/18
:) Even though from the US (California),
I think the European cultures and attitudes
are much more progressive. Data protection is good.
(US culture is quite bizarre nowadays).

I would remove the IP.

Yes, probably need to bring the wiki up to GDPR standards.

I don't know how far along nikit is, perhaps the new work
should be applied there instead of patching up the old wiki???