how to make text widget selections visible, while being in another toplevel

MartinLemburg@Siemens-PLM

Jul 1, 2016, 8:38:58 AM7/1/16

I have a toplevel with search/replace functionality, which works on the content of a text widget in the main window.
If I search for a pattern and select the occurrence in the text widget, the selection is not visible, until focussing the text widget.

Is there a way to see the selection without the need to focus the text widget?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Brad Lanam

Jul 1, 2016, 12:12:07 PM7/1/16
Try changing the -inactiveselectbackground, see if that helps.

MartinLemburg@Siemens-PLM

Jul 1, 2016, 12:51:00 PM7/1/16
Am Freitag, 1. Juli 2016 18:12:07 UTC+2 schrieb Brad Lanam:
> Try changing the -inactiveselectbackground, see if that helps.

Thanks for your tip!

Yes - setting the -inactiveselectbackground option solved the problem.

I set the -inactiveselectbackground to [.t cget -selectbackground] which defaults to SystemHighlight.

Happy weekend!

Cheers,

Martin