Tcl/Tk 8.5b2 Release Announcement
The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5b2 releases of the Tcl
Where to get the new releases:
Tcl/Tk 8.5b2 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl
This web page also contains additional information about the releases,
For additional information:
Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site:
This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the
Thank you for your contributions:
As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community.
Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5b1:
The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5b2. A complete list
This is a beta release of 8.5. The beta designation means that the
* [TIP 242] New [tk_getOpenFile] option: -typevariable .
* [TIP 125] Dockable frame support.
* [TIP 145] Font enhancement suppport added for Aqua.
* Enhanced Tk demo suite.
* Improvements to [ttk::combobox] and [ttk::notebook].
* New Hungarian message catalog for Tk.
* Fixed an intermittent crash in thread support.
* Fixed possible crash in [place] geometery manager.
* Fixed auto-loading of [::tcl::tm::path].
* Fixed [string is integer -failindex (0o... or 0b...)].
* Support for 64-bit X11 on Mac OS X systems.
Tcl Core Team and Maintainers
You must Sign in before you can post messages.
To post a message you must first join this group.
Please update your nickname on the subscription settings page before posting.
You do not have the permission required to post.