tkhtml segment fault crash

thirdsh...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2015, 1:55:14 AM6/27/15
Hi -

I tried this code. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. It causes a crash. If you use tkhtml or have used it and you can help, please do so.

# Load the Tkhtml package
package require Tkhtml 3.0

# Create and populate an html widget.
html .toplevel253.label107 -shrink 1
.toplevel253.label107 parse {
}

thanks for any ideas! I got the tkhtml3 package installed and put in the tcllib directory so the require command could find it. It seemed to compile alright.
.toplevel253 is already a toplevel when I run this code. I delete the reference to label107 before I run the code.

I am just trying to find a control that will render html in TK on one of my forms. I don't want a viewer or browser if I can avoid it. I'd like a text type control if possible. I thought this might work. I must be doing something simple that is wrong.

thanks!

Gerald W. Lester

Jun 27, 2015, 8:54:13 AM6/27/15
Why don't you just get it from the teapot as a pre-built binary?

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC |
| Email: Gerald...@kng-consulting.net |

thirdsh...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2015, 5:52:02 PM6/27/15
Gerald-

I will have to look into the teapot later on. I may do that. It is the smartest route. I am so used to ./configure make and make install that I get carried away, and I am told to try to get the binaries. sorry. jim