ANNOUNCE: tclpacparser 0.8 - http/https/ftp PAC proxy auto-config file parser and proxy finder

Karl Lehenbauer

Jul 8, 2015, 10:03:58 AM7/8/15
pacparser is a C library that embeds a spidermonkey javascript interpreter and provides the needful to be able to load PAC files and provide a lookup service to determine host and port proxies based on requested URLs.

tclpacparser makes that C library available to Tcl programs through a dead simple interface.

package require pacparser

* pacparser init - initialize the pacparser library.

* pacparser parse_pac string - parse a proxy auto-config PAC file contained in string.

* pacparser find_proxy url host - returns a proxy string such as DIRECT or PROXY proxy1.bigcompany.co.uk

Returns an empty string if the method fails for any reason.

* pacparser set_my_ip ip

* pacparser cleanup - cleanup the pacparser library.

Karl Lehenbauer

Jul 8, 2015, 10:06:51 AM7/8/15

Harald Oehlmann

Jul 9, 2015, 5:58:23 AM7/9/15
Great work !
I enjoyed embedding spidermonkey in other projects (on mobile ARM devices).
Maybee we could get a more general access to the included Spidermonkey engine with callbacks from JavaScript to TCL...

Thank you,
Harald