movement synchup between parent and child window.

mahesh.chau...@itbhu.ac.in

Jul 15, 2015, 2:17:36 AM7/15/15
Is there any way so that while parent window is moved on the screen it also moves child window respectively??
suppose I have a Parent window(P) and a child window(C) opened from Parent window.
If I do following operation on parent window ----
maximize,minimize,move on screen. Is there any way?? so that It also do the same in child Window (C).

Christian Gollwitzer

Jul 15, 2015, 3:03:31 AM7/15/15
Am 15.07.15 um 08:17 schrieb mahesh.chau...@itbhu.ac.in:
I've seen programs working like this. It can be very annoying for the
user, so make sure that you really want this. For maximize/minimize,
this is fairly standard behaviour of dialog boxes. You can typically
achieve this by "wm transient .child .parent".

For moving, I don't know of a standard method. You could bind to the
<Configure> event of the parent and move the child accordingly. However,
on OSX you only get an event once the window is released, not during the
movement. I'm too lazy to check for other OSes right now. Still I think
this might be unexpected, I have used a program (written in Delphi) that
acted like this, and it was very annoying to distribute the windows on
the screen. A more modern approach might be dockable windows (wm manage
/ wm forget). See
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17784832/how-to-make-a-dockable-window-in-tcl-tk
(first answer)

Christian