pkgIndex.tcl for all of my C extensions?

halfm...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2018, 10:22:39 PM1/24/18
Hi Everyone

Sorry for the stupid question. I have been working through the global installation of a simple C extension. I have it working now.

pkgIndex.tcl is installed at /usr/local/lib/tcl8.6 on my linux machine.

I have this:

package ifneeded "Hello" 1.0 \
[list load [file join $dir libhello[info sharedlibextension]]]

Can I now simply append more "package ifneeded" statement to this one file or is there a naming convention that will allow me to create more of these files for additional extension ?

Thanks

Arjen Markus

Jan 25, 2018, 5:40:03 AM1/25/18
The simple answer is: yes.

There are quite a few examples in fact in Tcllib.

Regards,

Arjen

halfm...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2018, 9:33:28 AM1/25/18
thanks Arjen !

Don Porter

Jan 25, 2018, 11:04:38 AM1/25/18
It is best that each version of each [package require]-able package has
its own pkgIndex.tcl file. This organization is what permits each
package to be installed and uninstalled independently.

The "naming convention" is that each installed version of each Tcl
package goes into its own directory, at least among those packages
using the pkgIndex.tcl installation scheme. The convention most likely
to succeed is to give that directory a name created by combining the
package name and the version number installed in it.

--
| Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division |
| donald...@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory |

halfm...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2018, 3:21:50 PM1/25/18
Hi Don

This is easy too, I am all set. Thanks very much