TCLTLS 1.7.16 & OpenSSL 1.1.x on Windows....

Lance Hall (Lance.Hall@enghouse.com)

Jul 30, 2018, 6:10:58 PM7/30/18

I have been getting nowhere in trying to create a TCLTLS package (x86 & x64) that uses OpenSSL 1.1.x on Windows with Visual Studio 2012.

The old TCLTLS 1.6.7 release only supports OpenSSL 1.0.2 and older but I can get that release to build. Unfortunately, there are enough changes in OpenSSL 1.1.x that building with TCLTLS 1.6.7 is not just a simple makefile change for the DLL name change.

It would seem that TCLTLS 1.7.16 is the more current release but it does not have an obvious configure/build mechanism for Windows like TCLTLS 1.6.7 did.

Can someone give me some pointers about how to create my needed packages from
TCLTLS 1.7.16?

Thanks!!!

Lance Hall
Product Software Engineer

t: +1-630-575-7777
e: Lance...@enghouse.com
w: www.enghouseinteractive.com

skip...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2018, 11:49:09 AM7/31/18
I had a similar issue recently. You may want to look into BAWT. It builds a massive amount of stuff and TCLTLS is part of it. It took me a few tries to figure out the build (user error on my part) but once I did it went smoothly.

-Wayland Augur