ttk::dialog equivalent in tcl 8.6

markbw...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2018, 6:24:25 PM12/4/18
I have a simple testcase that verifies that ttk is available in my application. It worked fine while the app was based on tcl 8.4. Now that we've moved to tcl 8.6, part of the script doesn't work. That part is effectively the call to "ttk::dialog". Other ttk:: commands do work, such as ttk::themes and ttk::setTheme. From what I've found online, ttk functionality was rolled into tk for 8.5. My question, is there an equivalent command in 8.6 that does something like what ttk::dialog did in 8.4, or is that completely gone?

pal...@yahoo.com

Dec 4, 2018, 9:34:10 PM12/4/18
You can try the original ttk dialog implementation available at https://chiselapp.com/user/pooryorick/repository/tile/dir?ci=f2f73d90fe442e01&name=library

In all likelihood it will still work.

markbw...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2018, 10:24:14 PM12/4/18
Thanks for the suggestion. My preference is to just use what's available in tk 8.6, so the real question if there is an equivalent feature there that does what ttk::dialog did, or not.

Rich

Dec 5, 2018, 1:37:32 AM12/5/18
Could you replace ttk::dialog with tk_dialog, which is available in
8.6?

Christian Gollwitzer

Dec 5, 2018, 1:55:16 AM12/5/18
Am 05.12.18 um 04:24 schrieb markbw...@gmail.com:
> Thanks for the suggestion. My preference is to just use what's available in tk 8.6, so the real question if there is an equivalent feature there that does what ttk::dialog did, or not.

What are you using it for? Usually in my programs I either use
"tk_messageBox" for short-ish communication and otherwise a toplevel
with my own elements packed into it. What is/was the use for this dialog
function?

Christian

markbw...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2018, 11:50:43 AM12/6/18
Thank you for this, tk_dialog is probably what will work for me.