Writing/reading from Microsoft excel

nagendr...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2018, 1:24:07 AM12/2/18
Hello all,
I'm new to TCL.

I had a requirement of writing to excel file using tickle. Someone please explain me the possibilities. Or at least refer me some web pages.

Regards.

greg

Dec 2, 2018, 4:20:02 AM12/2/18

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Dec 2, 2018, 1:27:14 PM12/2/18
In article <5d5c164b-3cfc-4426...@googlegroups.com>,
There is a libxls out there that it is easy to make a Tcl C extension to.
One version I used was https://sourceforge.net/projects/xlslib/files/xlslib-old/xlslib-package-2.4.0.zip/download

This lets you write old-style XLS files (though as I recall, the features
for changing the cell size didn't work right, so it wasn't as visually
pleasing as it might be the first time you loaded a sheet you wrote
into Excell. It had the right data though..)
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Alexandru

Dec 4, 2018, 11:46:02 AM12/4/18
I would use Paul's Obermeier CAWT package. Works best for me.