Thread ignores --prefix

Roderick

Sep 4, 2019, 3:53:12 AM9/4/19

I configured Thread with the following command:

configure \
--prefix=path-to-naviserver \
--enable-threads \
--with-tcl=path-to-tcl-lib \
--with-gdbm \
--with-naviserver=path-to-naviserver-src

Then Thread was installed in path-to-tcl-lib, not in
path-to-naviserver/lib (they are in my case different).

And Thread compiled with "--with-naviserver" is only usable with
naviserver, loading it in normal tcl fails.

Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks
Rodrigo

stefan

Sep 4, 2019, 6:28:19 AM9/4/19
> configure \
> --prefix=path-to-naviserver \
> --enable-threads \
> --with-tcl=path-to-tcl-lib \
> --with-gdbm \
> --with-naviserver=path-to-naviserver-src

You have to add

--exec-prefix=path-to-naviserver

> And Thread compiled with "--with-naviserver" is only usable with
> naviserver, loading it in normal tcl fails.
>
> Is this normal behaviour?

Yes, Thread for NaviServer can only be used from Tcl embedded with NaviServer.

Btw.: Are you aware of https://github.com/gustafn/install-ns/blob/master/install-ns.sh?

HTH, Stefan

Roderick

Sep 4, 2019, 6:57:38 AM9/4/19

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019, stefan wrote:

Thanks!

> You have to add
>
> --exec-prefix=path-to-naviserver

Good to know that this is a solution. At the end I moved by hand the
bulit library. With the --prefix it should have been enough:

# ../configure --help
Installation directories:
--prefix=PREFIX install architecture-independent files in PREFIX
[/usr/local]
--exec-prefix=EPREFIX install architecture-dependent files in EPREFIX
[PREFIX]
Yes. And it helps a lot to read it. But there Tcl and Naviserver
are installed in the same directory: it does not help in this issue.

Rodrigo