tablelist -labelcommand -labelcommand2 for header labels

Nicolas

Apr 11, 2019, 1:05:03 AM4/11/19
Hi Csaba,
I'm working with labelcommand for tablelist and it's great!!
usually I use Ctrl+Click to select non adjacent items and Shift+Click to access extended selection (several items form start to end)
labelcommand2 behavior is like Ctrl+Click but is triggered by Shift+Click

would it be possible either to have a labelcommand3 (or a better name) to access extended selection for header labels?

best regards,
Nicolas

nemethi

Apr 11, 2019, 9:36:42 AM4/11/19
Am 11.04.19 um 07:05 schrieb Nicolas:
<Shift-Button-1> on a header label triggers the command specified as the
value of the -labelcommand2 option. The most common value of this
option is tablelist::addToSortColumns, which *extends* the list of sort
columns and sorts the items based on the columns indicated by the
modified list. On the other hand, <Control-Button-1> on a body item
*toggles* the selection state of that item. Hence it is not quite as
you stated, namely that "labelcommand2 behavior is like Ctrl+Click but
is triggered by Shift+Click".

Apart from this, the main reason for the choice of <Shift-Button-1>
rather than <Control-Button-1> in the case of the header labels was
that, historically, on the Mac the Control key in combination with a
mouse click plays a special role, being that the original Mac mouse had
only one button. Due to this fact, Tablelist handles the
<Control-Button-1> event on the Mac like <Button-3> on other systems
(both giving rise to the <<Button3>> virtual event).

--
Csaba Nemethi http://www.nemethi.de mailto:csaba....@t-online.de

Nicolas

Apr 11, 2019, 2:57:44 PM4/11/19
thank you for answering.
I don't use <Shift-Button-1> for sorting columns but for cell selection which belongs to columns...
as on body item I can use both Ctrl and Shift for purpose I've exposed (selecting non-adjacent//adjacent cells), I've asked :)

just to know, do you plan an update of tablelist in a near future (with yview scroll xx units improvement you made)?

best regards,
nicolas

nemethi

Apr 13, 2019, 12:57:23 PM4/13/19
Am 11.04.19 um 20:57 schrieb Nicolas:
> just to know, do you plan an update of tablelist in a near future (with yview scroll xx units improvement you made)?

My original plan was to release the next Tablelist version at the
beginning of July. However, due to the improvements and bug fixes I
made in the last few weeks, I recently decided to release version 6.5
before the end of this month (possibly within the next few days).

Nicolas

Apr 13, 2019, 1:13:57 PM4/13/19
cool,
perfect timing!!
thank you Csaba.

I've another question, but I'll open a new thread.

++

Nicolas

Jun 14, 2019, 3:52:40 AM6/14/19
Hi Csaba,
if you have time, could you please think about a kind of binding to select several columns of a tablelist in 2 mouse clics?
like in "i have several columns, I click on the first, I shift click on the fourth, all columns from first to fourth are selected"

you explained me why -labelcommand2 didn't work that way but can you find another command?
-shiftlabelcommand

best regards,
nicolas

nemethi

Jun 14, 2019, 12:34:55 PM6/14/19
Am 14.06.19 um 09:52 schrieb Nicolas:
Hi Nicolas,

I have added your proposal to my TODO-list.

Best regards,

Csaba

Nicolas

Jun 14, 2019, 3:44:53 PM6/14/19
cool.
thank you Csaba.

++

klare...@googlemail.com

Jun 19, 2019, 7:42:25 AM6/19/19
Hello Csaba,

is it possible to suppress Sorting in TableList?

Best regards
Dieter

Harald Oehlmann

Jun 19, 2019, 7:55:09 AM6/19/19
Am 19.06.2019 um 13:42 schrieb klare...@googlemail.com:
> Hello Csaba,
>
> is it possible to suppress Sorting in TableList?
>
> Best regards
> Dieter

Dieter,
thank you for the question. Sorting by clicking on column titles is
supported. Please read the huge documentation.

Hope this helps,
Harald

klare...@googlemail.com

Jun 19, 2019, 8:02:13 AM6/19/19
Hello Harald,

I have read the Docs and I use TableList for Years now - but found only several Sorting-Modes.

I want to PREVENT the User to sort the Columns.

best Regards
Dieter

Rolf Ade

Jun 19, 2019, 10:02:23 AM6/19/19

klare...@googlemail.com writes:
> Am Mittwoch, 19. Juni 2019 13:55:09 UTC+2 schrieb Harald Oehlmann:
>> Am 19.06.2019 um 13:42 schrieb klare...@googlemail.com:
>> >
>> > is it possible to suppress Sorting in TableList?
>>
>> Dieter,
>> thank you for the question. Sorting by clicking on column titles is
>> supported. Please read the huge documentation.
>
> I have read the Docs and I use TableList for Years now - but found only several Sorting-Modes.
>
> I want to PREVENT the User to sort the Columns.

Then just doesn't provide a way to call tablelist::sortByColumn. If, for
example, column sort is implemented by clicking on column titles in your
code at the moment then just don't use a -labelcommand (and/or
-labelcommand2) - or use a script, that doesn't call
tablellist::sortByColumn.

Sorting columns isn't enabled by default, AFAIR. Or did that change?

Or maybe I miss something about your problem (that you haven't told
us so far)?

nemethi

Jun 19, 2019, 10:05:25 AM6/19/19
Am 19.06.19 um 13:42 schrieb klare...@googlemail.com:
To suppress sorting, just don't enable it. :-)

Per default, a mouse click on a header label has no effect. Many
applications set the -labelcommand option to the value
tablelist::sortByColumn, which will fire the column-based sorting when
mouse button 1 is pressed over one of the header labels and later
released over the same label. Without this action, the sorting remains
disabled.