Tcl/Tk wiki indentation

adilseb...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2017, 3:55:45 PM12/12/17
please how we can indent text in tcl/tk wiki

thanks

Roland Frank

Dec 12, 2017, 4:53:42 PM12/12/17
On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 9:55:45 PM UTC+1, adilseb...@gmail.com wrote:
> please how we can indent text in tcl/tk wiki
>
> thanks

Please see Wiki page http://wiki.tcl.tk/14 Formatting Rules.

best regards
Roland Frank

adilseb...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2017, 5:09:26 PM12/12/17
I tried to use spaces at the beginning of a line but it looks like a script, I tried to use list as a trick but I don't the bullets appear, Please can you give an exemple.
Thanks

Rich

Dec 12, 2017, 7:57:30 PM12/12/17
From http://wiki.tcl-lang.org/14

Description/Definition

Items needing a description/definition can be specified as 3 spaces,
some text, a colon, 3 or more spaces, and the description:

item ''needing'' '''description''': the '''description''' the item ''needed''

Will be rendered as:

item needing description
the description the item needed

Contemplate on what happens when the "some text" portion is empty.

adilseb...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2017, 7:49:16 AM12/13/17
To make it work, As a trick:
in Description/Definition's section I replaced "some text" with a space, as a result we will have:
Items needing an indentation can be specified as 4 spaces, a colon, 3 or more spaces, and the text to be indented:

: "the indented text"

But indentation in second range, exemple
=============
Not indented text
first range indentation
second range indentation(?!?!)
=============

Rich

Dec 13, 2017, 4:38:31 PM12/13/17
Your original request said nothing about second level indents. Being
more specific up front gets you to an actual answer much faster.

I do not believe there is any easy way to do so, beyond a pre-formatted
block of text (and by being preformatted, it will not word wrap to
different screen widths).

adilseb...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2017, 3:42:20 AM12/14/17
Why not to use list items without showing the bullets