Glob not functioning

martyn....@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2018, 12:08:54 PM2/13/18
One of our clients has installed one of our applications on CentOS 7.3 and is having problems.

After checking on site I found that the 'glob *.plugin' command is not listing the files in the installation directory. Even glob * returns nothing in any directory. 'exec ls' does work correctly.

The application still uses 8.4.19 (The app being updated to 8.6 but is still under testing).

Does anyone know of problems with glob with the new increased security of Centos7, is there a permission which could cause this?

Are we likely to have a problem with 8.6 on the same system?

Thanks in advance

Martyn

Uwe Schmitz

Feb 13, 2018, 4:34:18 PM2/13/18
Martyn,

I don't know if it has something to do with changes
in CentOS, but this rings some bell...

Some time ago I had the following constellation:

- Linux 64bit
- tcl8.5.x 32bit
- network mount of some WindowsShare via Cifs

Then doing a glob search with wildcards on this
mounted path always returned an empty list.
Of course, OS commands had no problems listing all
files.

IIRC it has something to do with 64bit inodes
returned from the network mount. We added
an option to not use (64bit-) server inodes (noserverino?).
That healed the problem.

If this is not your setup, may be it gives you
a hint in the right direction.

Regards,
Uwe