Specify username and password for http proxy

Alexandru

Apr 6, 2018, 12:32:50 PM4/6/18

Is it possible or is it even necessary to specify user name and password for the http communication over http proxy?

In the http manual, I only see options for proxy host and proxy port but not for user name and password:
https://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TclCmd/http.htm#M8

I could find autofroxy instead wich has an option for use name and password but could not find the package in the Tcllib:
https://core.tcl.tk/tcllib/doc/trunk/embedded/www/tcllib/files/modules/http/autoproxy.html

Thank you for any suggestions
Alexandru

Alexandru

Apr 6, 2018, 10:50:04 PM4/6/18
I could find the autoproxy.tcl in the http folder of the Tcllib and decipher the method to apply proxy autentication to the http::geturl. So problem solved for the moment. I just hvae to test it under real conditions now.