Fwd: [OT] replxx: readline & libedit replacement supporting UTF-8, syntax highlighting, hints, Unix & Windows, BSD licensed

Christian Gollwitzer

Feb 9, 2018, 5:01:26 PM2/9/18
I just found this, it was posted to clc++. Maybe could be interesting to
deliver a state-of-the art REPL with tclsh.

Christian

Betreff: [OT] replxx: readline & libedit replacement supporting UTF-8,
syntax highlighting, hints, Unix & Windows, BSD licensed
Datum: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 08:49:31 +0000 (UTC)
Von: Marcin Konarski <am...@codestation.org>
Antwort an: marcin.konarsk...@gmail.com
Newsgruppen: comp.lang.c++

Sorry for the spam.

I wanted to advertise library I worked on.
The `replxx` library is a replacement for GNU-readline or for BSD's libedit,
it is BSD licensed and its distinguished features are:

- user defined live syntax highlighting
- user defined hints (as you type)
- UTF-8
- works on Linuxes, BSD's, Solaris and (native) Windows
- C API
- user defined tab-completion
- command line history

`replxx` is a fork of `linenoise-ng` which itself is a fork of
`linenoise`.

Link to replxx github repository:
https://github.com/AmokHuginnsson/replxx

I hope you find this little piece of code useful.
Have a great day!

ste...@workware.net.au

Feb 12, 2018, 7:43:19 PM2/12/18
On Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 8:01:26 AM UTC+10, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:
> I just found this, it was posted to clc++. Maybe could be interesting to
> deliver a state-of-the art REPL with tclsh.
>
> Christian

Yes, it's interesting. replxx is a fork of a fork of linenoise.
One downside (from memory) is that replxx requires c++11 to build, even though
it has a C API.

Steve