Windows menu keyboard traversal prob

bri...@my-deja.com

Oct 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/6/99
On Windows NT during an upgrade from tk 4.1 to
8.2 a menu feature using the Alt-p keys (where p
is the underlined character in the label) to
select the menu button stopped working.

ie. menubutton .m -text $label -underline $char

Do I have to define a virtual event to do this?

Would that be defining an event then binding to
it?

Thanks in advance,
Paul Briskie
bri...@eksystems.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

bri...@my-deja.com

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
Right or wrong to fix my problem I modified the menu.tcl file to use
the UNIX bindings i.e.

bind all <Alt-KeyPress> {
tkTraverseToMenu %W %A
}

And in tkMenuFirstEntry I added the call to tkMenuUnpost {} as the 1st
executible line to correct the menu button thinking it was still posted
after the menu command was selected.

Paul Briskie

In article <7tfu8b$1pc$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Chengye Mao

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
In article <7ufsbq$v9p$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

bri...@my-deja.com wrote:
> Right or wrong to fix my problem I modified the menu.tcl file to use
> the UNIX bindings i.e.
>
> bind all <Alt-KeyPress> {
> tkTraverseToMenu %W %A
> }
>
> And in tkMenuFirstEntry I added the call to tkMenuUnpost {} as the 1st
> executible line to correct the menu button thinking it was still
posted
> after the menu command was selected.
>
> Paul Briskie

Unfornately, the unpost command of a menu widget would not work after
the native look&feel implementation (Windows Tk8.0 and plus).

--
http://www.geocities.com/~chengye

bri...@my-deja.com

Oct 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/25/99
In article <7ug99k$8b7$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

The fix I made was using version 8.2.0.

The unpost command was added to fix this problem:

I have a main dialog with a few cascading menu buttons and a widget for
status messages. Selecting one of the menu buttons brings up a child
dialog with cascade menus and entry widgets. Using the ALT and
underlined letter in the child menu screwed up the window stacking.
The main dialog was placed inbetween the child window and the child
menu. Also if the menu was dismissed with out an action (click outside
the menu) the button remained in the selected state. The unpost
command corrected these problems.

Paul Briskie