Most current sdx.kit

jemptymethod

Feb 10, 2018, 2:15:17 PM2/10/18
Just want to be sure that the most current sdx.kit is the one that can be found here: https://chiselapp.com/user/aspect/repository/sdx/index

I just have my doubts because the name of the file to download "sdx-20110317.kit" suggests it's about 7 years old

Thanks in advance...George

jsunth...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2018, 3:41:22 PM2/10/18
I would really love to have a conversation with anyone interested in the state and use of sdx, and tclkit/basekit related stuff. If there's a pi interest group, and a simulation interest group, it would be really cool if there was a tclkit/sdx interest group. If a bunch of people come along that are interested in sdx and tclkits and are, for instance, interested in the answer to the parent question.. can we talk about them openly?

jsunth...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2018, 4:37:19 PM2/10/18
I would mention https://chiselapp.com/user/aspect/repository/sdx/brlist you will find more recently developed code. If that's the "latest", I can not say. I swear I was reading a git repo of SDX that was "updated for 8.6," but I have not been able to find it again.

jemptymethod

Feb 11, 2018, 6:12:21 AM2/11/18
There's a starkit group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/starkit but it's moribund: 3 messages last year, 2 the year before that, and only one the preceding year. It's a damn shame too, because I think this and it's related technologies is Tcl's killer app.

Harald Oehlmann

Feb 13, 2018, 3:55:26 AM2/13/18

thank you for the pointer and the thread.

I have made a new starkit from the last commit:
https://chiselapp.com/user/aspect/repository/sdx/zip/sdx-ae5a390c2a.zip?uuid=ae5a390c2a9d7e5b

and used an old sdk and kit to make a new sdx.kit:

tclkitsh.exe C:\oehhar\elmicron\projekte\common\support\starkit\sdx.kit
wrap sdx.kit

The result works well.
It could be placed somewhere on the net...

For me, sdx is sometimes failing and I have to rerun it.

We will see if this improved version has the same issue.

Thank you and thanks to Andy for the improvements,
Harald

Harald Oehlmann

Feb 13, 2018, 3:56:30 AM2/13/18
Am 10.02.2018 um 22:37 schrieb jsunth...@gmail.com:

Hi,

thank you for the pointer and the thread.

I have made a new starkit from the last commit:
https://chiselapp.com/user/aspect/repository/sdx/zip/sdx-ae5a390c2a.zip?uuid=ae5a390c2a9d7e5b

and used an old sdk and kit to make a new sdx.kit:

unzip the zip
rename top folder to "sdx.vfs".