tcltls 1.7.16 and Msys2/64 bits

Luc Moulinier

Nov 21, 2018, 11:43:21 AM11/21/18
Hello all,

I compiled a 64 bits windows version of tcltls-1.7.16 using MSYS2. However, 'load tcltls.dll' in tclsh86 raises the error : "can't find symbol Tcltls_Ini' (confirmed by gdb).
The tls.c does has a Tls_Init() and Tls_SafeInit() functions, not Tcltls_Ienit(). I also noticed there is no DLLEXPORT statement in the code.

Does someone succeed to comppile utcltls sing MSYS2/64 bit ? Or is there a place to download a prebuild package ?

Thanks !
Luc

skip...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2018, 1:27:13 PM11/21/18
I was only able to build tcltls using BAWT (which built a whole lot more as well). I don't recall if I tried a 64-bit build or not, as our target environment was 32-bit.

I'm not that experienced in the various build systems though (which was why BAWT was a welcome solution).

Luc Moulinier

Nov 21, 2018, 2:09:28 PM11/21/18
Hello !
Thanks for your reply ! I read your post and the BAWT solution.
Do you know if BAWT is able to build 64 bit versions ?

Luc

Paul Obermeier

Nov 21, 2018, 2:34:59 PM11/21/18
Hello Luc,

BAWT supports both 32 and 64 bit versions. Currently the BAWT tcltls
version is 1.7.12, but version 1.7.16 should compile, too.
You may also try out the pre-built BAWT Batteries-Included distributions.

Best regards,
Paul

Luc Moulinier

Nov 21, 2018, 2:58:23 PM11/21/18
Thanks Paul !

always so helpful as usual ! ;-)
Regards,
Luc

Harald Oehlmann

Nov 22, 2018, 6:40:11 AM11/22/18
Luc,

perhaps you had success with BAWT.

Nevertheless, I suppose you have a missmatch of library name and init
function name.
You may resolve it by two possibilites (one of them is ok):
a) rename the dll from "tcltls.dll" to "tls.dll"
b) give the init name as hint: load tcltls.dll tls

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Harald