ANNOUNCE tclexecomp V1.0.8

Michael Niehren

Nov 5, 2018, 10:12:35 AM11/5/18
I'm pleased to announce release V1.0.8 of tclexecomp, a TCL executable wrapper.

What is new in V1.0.8
----------------------
1. Update to tktreectrl V2.4.2
2. Integration of trofs V0.4.9

About
-----
tclexecomp is a TCL exectutable wrapper, which creates a single executable
file from a tcl script. Currently it can create binaries for Linux (64 Bit),
Windows (64 Bit) and MACOS (64 Bit).
It is based on freewrap (http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/), but with many more
tcl-modules integrated and support for more operation systems.

Web-Site and Download
---------------------
You can find it under
http://tclexecomp.sourceforge.net/index.html

Usage
-----
To wrap a Tcl/Tk-Script into an Executable, simply use the following command:
tclexecomp <tclfile> -w <tclexecomp destination binary> -o <output-file> -forcewrap

As an example on Linux (64Bit) you can create an executable for Windows 64 (Bit)
in the following way
tclexecomp64 test.tcl -w tclexecomp64.exe -forcewrap -o test.exe

To change the Icon you can use the "-i" Switch.
You can find more documentation on the FreeWrap Homepage (http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/).

To compile a Tcl/Tk-Script to Bytecode, use
tclexecomp64 -compile <tclfile>

Notes on integrated Modules
---------------------------
To use the integrated modules you have to do the usual
package require ...
commands.

Notes for Windows
-----------------
If you create an executable for windows, you need 2 DLL's, which have to be in
the same directory like the application. You find them in the tools subdirectory,
for 32 and 64 Bit systems.

Changelog
---------
You can find the changes under http://tclexecomp.sourceforge.net/history.html

best regards,
Michael

jb.ga...@orens.fr

Nov 21, 2018, 9:27:48 AM11/21/18

tclexecomp V1.0.8 on Win 7

Have tested V1.0.8 version of tclexecomp.
Works great globaly, thanks a lot.

However, in the details, found some minor problem :

1) if a wrapped tcl script executes "package require trofs", an error "can't find package trofs" is returned.

2) from where come inclued treectrl package ?
It's advertised as version 2.4.2, but where doing [package version treectrl] it returns version of 2.4.1 .

For what it's worth, latest version of treectrl provided by latest Magicsplat distribution (for MS Windows only) returns version 2.4.3 for [package version treectrl] command.
(this version comes from https://github.com/apnadkarni/tktreectrl)

jb.ga...@orens.fr

Nov 21, 2018, 11:01:50 AM11/21/18
In my previous post, I forgot to ask how is compiled provided treectrl package ?

I ask because there is a small rendering pb for treectrl's headers with default style.
(the origin of this different appearance may result from MinGW usage instead of MSVC compiler)

Thank you

Jean-Baptiste

Michael Niehren

Nov 22, 2018, 5:13:52 PM11/22/18

i will integrate the treectrl V2.4.3 into the next release.

About trofs, under which operating system do you got the error ?

best regards
Michael

jb.ga...@orens.fr

Nov 23, 2018, 3:03:42 AM11/23/18