Where is <<NotebookTabChanged>> ?

ZB

Dec 10, 2007, 1:31:44 PM12/10/07
In the docs I've found the information:

The notebook widget generates a <<NotebookTabChanged>> virtual event after
a new tab is selected.

But when I try to find it:

tclsh8.5 [~/tmp]event info
<<Undo>> <<PrevWindow>> <<Redo>> <<PasteSelection>> <<Paste>> <<Copy>> <<Cut>>

...it isn't listed at all. Where is it?
--
ZB

Bryan Oakley

Dec 10, 2007, 2:38:44 PM12/10/07

event info returns information about virtual events that are associated
with physical event sequences. Not all virtual events are associated
with physical event sequences. Admittedly, the documentation is a bit
misleading in this regard.

For example, I could write the following in a block of code:

event generate . <<MyVirtualEvent>>

... and [event info] has no way of knowing anything about
<<MyVirtualEvent>>.

--
Bryan Oakley
http://www.tclscripting.com

ZB

Dec 10, 2007, 2:05:41 PM12/10/07
Dnia 10.12.2007 Bryan Oakley <oak...@bardo.clearlight.com> napisał/a:

> event info returns information about virtual events that are associated
> with physical event sequences. Not all virtual events are associated
> with physical event sequences. Admittedly, the documentation is a bit
> misleading in this regard.

You're right: there's no such remark in event's "info" section, unfortunately.
And yes - wherever it is, <<NotebookTabChanged>> is generated indeed.
--
ZB