Problems using "TclTutor 3.0 beta 7"

Richard Owlett

Dec 10, 2017, 9:14:51 AM12/10/17
The primary problem is the font size used is much too small.

The second is an "ease of use" item.
Is there a list of all the lesson numbers and associated titles?
It would know which lesson I want, rather than working down thru nested
menus.

TIA

HeadsU...@yahoo.com

Dec 12, 2017, 3:54:39 AM12/12/17
I think this depends on the system you are using. I have the TclTutor running in CloudTk which you can run on the web at

http://172.104.5.86:5443/cloudtk/VNC?session=new&Tk=TclTutor

The font sizes seem OK when using Debian 9 and TigerVNC. However when I used Debian 8 and TightVNC the font size was small.

For the Lessons, if you click on the Lesson and click on the dotted line above all the Lesson numbers, the menu appears at the bottom and allows the "ease of use" I think you maybe looking for.

Kind Regards

Jeff Smith

Richard Owlett

Dec 12, 2017, 7:01:29 AM12/12/17
On 12/12/2017 02:54 AM, HeadsU...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Monday, 11 December 2017 01:14:51 UTC+11, Richard Owlett wrote:
>> The primary problem is the font size used is much too small.
>>
>> The second is an "ease of use" item.
>> Is there a list of all the lesson numbers and associated titles?
>> It would know which lesson I want, rather than working down thru nested
>> menus.
>>
>> TIA
>
> I think this depends on the system you are using. I have the TclTutor running in CloudTk which you can run on the web at
>
> http://172.104.5.86:5443/cloudtk/VNC?session=new&Tk=TclTutor
>
> The font sizes seem OK when using Debian 9 and TigerVNC. However when
> I used Debian 8 and TightVNC the font size was small.

I've not used any VNC. I would have to investigate the subject before
doing so.

> For the Lessons, if you click on the Lesson and click on the dotted
> line above all the Lesson numbers, the menu appears at the bottom and
> allows the "ease of use" I think you maybe looking for.

That increases the font just enough to make the menus comfortably
readable. It does address ease of use in an unexpected way. When
clicking on the dotted line it leaves the sub-menu displayed. What I can
do is run TclTutor in another workspace and display all the lowest level
sub-menu. I then minimize TclTutor itself leaving only those menus visible.

Thank you.