pre-compile tls (win32)

Emmanuel Frecon

Nov 30, 2017, 4:56:46 AM11/30/17
Hi folks!

Does anyone have a "later" (as in 1.7.X) TLS statically compiled to OpenSSL for Win32 at hand? Can I find these somewhere? I am trying to debug a problem that *might* be related to the openSSL/tcltls version and would like to skip the whole compilation procedure.

/Emmanuel

PS: Tried extracting it from tclexecomp (but that is a ZIP with a password) and tried roy keen's kit maker (but that failed).

Ashok

Nov 30, 2017, 5:32:52 AM11/30/17
A mingw compiled one is available from
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AglNWLb1CeJFge4x_LgGSRAGSQs8Aw

64-bit only. Not extensively tested.

/Ashok

Emmanuel Frecon

Dec 1, 2017, 7:53:43 AM12/1/17
Thank you Ashok, but I need a 32bit dll

gregor...@googlemail.com

Dec 3, 2017, 3:25:44 AM12/3/17
Hello,
http://www.bawt.tcl3d.org/index.html

There are tcltls.

Gregor

Emmanuel Frecon

Dec 11, 2017, 5:06:15 PM12/11/17
So... Posting this for posterity...

If you are "just" looking for a copy of tcltls, binaries can be found in the latest BAWT installation at the above URL. However, this does not contain a complete package. You will have to manually download and copy tls.tcl from core.tcl.tk (or anywhere else really) into the same directory as the one holding the DLLs. Paul, are you reading this?

Also, if you want to use these from within a starkit (or similar), this won't be enough since the main DLL, while statically compiled with a version of OpenSSL, still requires another DLL to be present (presumably in the same directory) and called libssp-0.dll.

As this is a recurrent problem with starpacks, I've written a package for automatically copying DLLs out of starkits and onto the local filesystem, together with their "siblings", i.e. libraries that would exist within the same main directory as the original library path passed to the load command. This mechanim bypasses the internal Tcl mechanism, which recognises that the library is contained within a VFS and copies it to a TCLXXXXX directory in some temporary location on your drive. The advantage of my package, apart from solving dependencies, is that it will keep the copies for "posterity", allowing for quicker starts of a packed script.

The package is at: http://wiki.tcl.tk/49292

Paul Obermeier

Dec 13, 2017, 2:22:52 PM12/13/17
I'm not a user of tcltls, just compiling it for BAWT and trying with a
simple "package require".
If you tell me, what's missing exactly, I can fix that issue in BAWT.

Regards,
Paul

Emmanuel Frecon

Dec 14, 2017, 3:23:59 AM12/14/17
It's missing the file called tls.tcl. the file exists in the main repo but didn't exist on disk when I installed BAWT. It should be in the same directory as the DLLs and the pkgIndex.tcl file.

Paul Obermeier

Dec 14, 2017, 4:51:58 PM12/14/17
I have added a manual copy of that file in the corresponding BAWT
script, because it is not included in the Makefile. Also openend a
ticket regarding that issue at the tcltls site.