Tk "image create photo" failure on Windows

blacksqr

Jun 15, 2018, 11:59:43 AM6/15/18
I have a Tk app which is wrapped into starpacks for Windows and Linux. On Linux the app works flawlessly.

I cross-compile the Windows tclkit, and wrap the Windows starpack, on Linux. I can compile the tclkit either for the "console" environment or the "Windows" environment. These are basic compile-time options for every Windows app.

The app runs flawlessly when using a "console" tclkit, but this is undesireable because Windows pops up a command prompt window with the app.

When I run the app using a "Windows" tclkit, the app runs as desired until an "image create photo" command is called. Every invocation of "image create photo" returns with error code 1 and an empty error message.

The command I use is of the form: "image create photo -file myimage.png"

This is a strangely specific bug. Any insights into why this might be happening would be appreciated.

blacksqr

Jun 19, 2018, 5:42:58 PM6/19/18
I was using Tk 8.6.8, the problem doesn't seem to occur in version 8.6.7.