trouble with freewrap loading more than one binary

lokiofa...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2019, 9:01:48 PM4/2/19
HI all-

In freewrap, I can't load more than one binary without following a procedure to handle more than one binary per the manual such as a DLL.

I tried the following:

file: startup.tcl
foreach fpath [zvfs::list */thirdshiftcoder/sqlviewer/pkgIndex.tcl] {
lappend auto_path [file dirname $fpath]
tk_messageBox -message $fpath
}

package require loki

then in the file pkgIndex.tcl:
package ifneeded loki 1.0 " [list load [zvfs::list */thirdshiftcoder/sqlviewer/aquaman.dll aquaman ]] ; [list load [zvfs::list */thirdshiftcoder/sqlviewer/flash.dll flash ]] ; [list source [zvfs::list */$dir component.tcl]] "

that is all one line without any newline characters.

My component.tcl is the start of the program. Everything is under c:\thirdshiftcoder\sqlviewer with no subdirectories.

I keep getting the error message error sourcing package on windows cmd shell. If I run under msys command shell I get: $ ./sqlview.exe
error reading package index file /zvfs/thirdshiftcoder/sqlviewer/pkgIndex.tcl: unknown option: */thirdshiftcoder/sqlviewer/aquaman.dll

I am hoping to get this to run on windows without using the mingw/msys2 or Cygwin shells so that it will be truly wrapped and only require firebird db to run it. This all works without using any pkgIndex magic if I run it in the Cygwin and msys shells. It is when I run it under the command shell that causes it to go bonkers. At least the DLLs are loading inside of freewrap when used without any pkgIndex stuff in the cool shells.

Thanks for any help.
roboloki

lokiofa...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2019, 8:53:04 PM4/3/19
Hi all-

I got my code working. I found out what happens is that it takes a while for my table to return the data obviously different times depending on the situation. I used update some code update, so that it will finish without making my screen flake out. I will have to see if I can optimize the code a little in the future, but the issue that I needed to put it in a package for multiple DLLs turned out not necessary.

Maybe tomorrow I can upload the changes to my site. I don't want to race to do it tonight as I need to be really productive tomorrow at work.

Now I hope I can say that I can make wrapped (with freewrap) small applications that use firebird 3.0 by loading SWIG Dlls using mingw!

thanks - roboloki