Tcl/Tk 8.6b1 Release Announcement
The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6b1 releases of the Tcl
Where to get the new releases:
Tcl/Tk 8.6b1 sources are freely available as open source from the
This web page also contains additional information about the releases,
Binaries for most major platforms are available from:
For additional information:
Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site:
This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the
Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.6a3:
The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.6b1. A complete list
This is a beta release of 8.6. The beta designation means that the
* [TIP 329] New commands: [try], [throw]
* [TIP 234] New command: [zlib]
* [TIP 343] Enhanced commands: [format], [scan] add %b specifier.
* [TIP 332] Enhanced command: [close $chan read|write].
* New widget: [ttk::spinbox].
* [TIP 210] New subcommand: [file tempfile].
* [TIP 321] New subcommand: [tk busy].
* [TIP 324] New subcommand (dialog box): [tk fontchooser].
* [TIP 97] New subcommands: [$canvas imove], [$canvas rchars].
* [TIP 341] Enhanced subcommand: [dict filter] takes multiple patterns.
* [TIP 119] New canvas option: -angle for text items.
* [TIP 197] New text option: -insertunfocussed.
* New ttk theme: vista -- uses new "hover" state.
* [TIP 308] New package: tdbc 1.0b1 .
* [TIP 322] New routines: Tcl_NR*(): non-recursive eval for extensions.
* [TIP 336] New routines: Tcl_*ErrorLine().
* [TIP 307] New routine: Tcl_TransferResult().
* [TIP 335] New routine: Tcl_InterpActive().
* [TIP 337] New routine: Tcl_BackgroundException().
* [TIP 338] New routines: Tcl_*StartupScript()
* New feature: build script support for bundled packages.
* System encoding during initialization now iso8859-1, not identity.
* [oo::define] revised context for name resolution, includes caller.
* [event generate] support for <Focus*> events.
* Fixed broken [for $start $end $incr continue].
* New demos: ctext.tcl, fontchoose.tcl .
You must Sign in before you can post messages.
To post a message you must first join this group.
Please update your nickname on the subscription settings page before posting.
You do not have the permission required to post.