AndroWish - weirdness - black screen?

Rich

May 29, 2016, 4:13:50 PM5/29/16

I've been experimenting with AndroWish (AWSDK-04ab1465bb.zip) on an LG
E9700 running Android 4.1.2. I'm building an .apk file using the
"bones" GUI as described here:
http://www.androwish.org/index.html/wiki?name=AndroWish+SDK. And I
have the latest Android SDK as of yesterday from here:
https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html

What I am seeing is that sometimes, after starting the "app", when I
press the home button, then reopen the installed app, that instead of
the app screen reappearing, the entire phone screen goes solid black
(as if the screen had been turned off).

Really basic scripts seem to (sometimes) exhibit the behavior, and
sometimes not, which makes it very weird.

Something as simple as:

button .b -text "Hello World"
pack .b

When packed up into an .apk using "bones", then installed on the phone,
will show up a Tk window with a hello world button. But if I then hit
home to put AndroWish into the background, then tap the installed app's
icon again, I will often get the blank black screen.

What is even more strange is that when the blank black screen is up, I
can tap around on screen until I hit something that opens up the
keyboard. If I then type "exit" and press the return key, the Tk
window I expect to see will reappear. This makes it sound like an all
black console window is showing up for some reason.

Anyone else experimenting/using AndroWish? Anyone encountered this
weirdness? If yes, was there a solution to the weirdness?

Едуард Зозуля

May 31, 2016, 1:24:37 PM5/31/16
воскресенье, 29 мая 2016 г., 23:13:50 UTC+3 пользователь Rich написал:
> Anyone else experimenting/using AndroWish? Anyone encountered this
> weirdness? If yes, was there a solution to the weirdness?

On Prestigio 4040 DUO (Android 4.0)
in this situation Androwish crashed 50/50
Fly IQ245 (Android 2.3.6) crashed 80/20
but black screen - never.
On tablet ImPad 9415 (Android 5.1.1) - all ok

Rich

May 31, 2016, 5:18:15 PM5/31/16
?????? ?????? <ed.zo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ???????????, 29 ??? 2016 ?., 23:13:50 UTC+3 ???????????? Rich ???????:
> > Anyone else experimenting/using AndroWish? Anyone encountered this
> > weirdness? If yes, was there a solution to the weirdness?

> On Prestigio 4040 DUO (Android 4.0)
> in this situation Androwish crashed 50/50
> Fly IQ245 (Android 2.3.6) crashed 80/20
> but black screen - never.
> On tablet ImPad 9415 (Android 5.1.1) - all ok

I've eventually found a weird workaround. If I load a new .apk, launch
it, put it in the background, kill it, then launch it anew, the newly
launched copy never goes (so far...) to an all-black screen when moving
between background and foreground.

I don't know why this helps, but at least it does.