pre-select in popup cascade menu

Roger Oberholtzer

Apr 1, 2019, 2:38:58 AM4/1/19
I have a need to pre-select a menu item in a popup cascade menu. The idea is that the user will do whatever causes the popup to occur (in a canvas), and some place in the menu tree will be pre-selected. The user can take it from there.

Is there any smart way to do this?

Does one need to traverse through the menus from the top, selecting each item along the way to the destination? Or is there a more direct way to select something that might be in a sub-menu?

How about the mouse positioning? If the user, say, right clicks where the popup will be shown, and then a sub-item is pre-selected, where will the cursor be? I would imagine it will follow the selection path.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Roger Oberholtzer

Apr 1, 2019, 3:58:54 AM4/1/19
I should add that I am using tk_popup to post the menu. So I guess my question is about the 'entry' parameter. Does it look for the entry in a sub-menu?