Looking for package to generate iCalendar (aka ics) file

Gerald Lester

Jun 27, 2018, 4:39:53 PM6/27/18
Does anyone have or know of a Tcl package that will generate an
iCalendar (aka ics) file?

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC |
| Email: Gerald...@kng-consulting.net |

Mike Griffiths

Jun 28, 2018, 5:05:29 PM6/28/18
I know there's an ical page on the Wiki (http://wiki.tcl.tk/ical) which has links to a number of scripts/packages, though I can't say how complete or up-to-date they are.

Gerald Lester

Jun 28, 2018, 5:15:09 PM6/28/18
On 06/28/2018 04:05 PM, Mike Griffiths wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 June 2018 21:39:53 UTC+1, Gerald Lester wrote:
>> Does anyone have or know of a Tcl package that will generate an
>> iCalendar (aka ics) file?
>>
> I know there's an ical page on the Wiki (http://wiki.tcl.tk/ical) which has links to a number of scripts/packages, though I can't say how complete or up-to-date they are.

Mike,

Thanks, that is pointers to the ical calendar application (various
versions of it). I'm looking for a package that will create the
contents of .ics files (will be used to send out appointments via email).

Being lazy, I was hoping someone had the package already written and in
their back pocket.

Mike Griffiths

Jun 28, 2018, 5:23:20 PM6/28/18
Apologies, I'd seen there was a link to an "ical OO" wiki page there with Tcl code, but didn't actually do more than glance at it; it isn't particularly relevant after all.

stefan

Jul 3, 2018, 5:51:10 AM7/3/18
> Does anyone have or know of a Tcl package that will generate an
> iCalendar (aka ics) file?

Not ready to take as-is, but a source of inspiration maybe (iCal support OpenACS calendars):

http://fisheye.openacs.org/browse/OpenACS/openacs-4/packages/xotcl-core/tcl/ical-procs.tcl?hb=true

Stefan

ifind...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2018, 6:22:45 PM7/29/18
Well, the thing about the iCalendar standard is that it can be used to take over the world if fully implemented. I use this package:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tclfltk/files/Linux/ics/

to generate simple iCalendar blocks to attach to notification e-mails. Its not a package that does tricky stuff in itself, but can be used to generate a lot of the basic ICS functionality. Note that you have to attach it to multi-part emails with the proper mime types.