Posting on social media

Cecil Westerhof

Jan 29, 2018, 7:44:06 AM1/29/18
Can tcl be used for posting on Social Media? For example (but not
limiting to): Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

Rich

Jan 29, 2018, 8:15:48 AM1/29/18
Cecil Westerhof <Ce...@decebal.nl> wrote:
> Can tcl be used for posting on Social Media? For example (but not
> limiting to): Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.

man n http

You'll of course have to build everything up including the
login/cookies that provide authentication.

walto...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2018, 1:18:20 PM1/29/18
On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 6:44:06 AM UTC-6, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> Can tcl be used for posting on Social Media? For example (but not

Absolutely. All of these sites have APIs. You can use Tcl to interact with the APIs. You can also "screen scrape" the websites and go that route. It's a tougher way to do it and more prone to break.

Mike Griffiths

Jan 29, 2018, 3:33:58 PM1/29/18
It certainly can. As well as the http package that Rich mentioned, there's also code for OAuth on the wiki which you'll need for Facebook (and possibly others).

Cecil Westerhof

Feb 1, 2018, 6:14:04 AM2/1/18
Cecil Westerhof <Ce...@decebal.nl> writes:

> Can tcl be used for posting on Social Media? For example (but not
> limiting to): Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.

Looking at the answers there are no packages that handle those things.
So probably I can better use Python (had that once, but they changed
the API's) or Java.

Mike Griffiths

Feb 1, 2018, 3:52:26 PM2/1/18
There are only packages for it in any language because someone who needed it took the time to write one and share it. :)

jima

Feb 1, 2018, 6:04:01 PM2/1/18
See http://wiki.tcl.tk/27608 regarding OAuth... That very same page has a link to a recipe to publish on twitter. I've used it and it worked.

Cheers.

jima

Cecil Westerhof

Feb 2, 2018, 2:59:05 AM2/2/18
jima <jim...@gmail.com> writes:

> See http://wiki.tcl.tk/27608 regarding OAuth... That very same page has
> a link to a recipe to publish on twitter. I've used it and it worked.

I am going to try it out. Thanks.

Matthew Hiles

Feb 2, 2018, 1:32:00 PM2/2/18
The rest module from tcllib has some pre-made interfaces.