ttk combobox dropdown displays in wrong place

Brad Lanam

Mar 19, 2018, 10:31:49 AM3/19/18
Anyone else ever seen this bug?
It happens intermittently on a friend's computer.
No idea why, no idea how to re-create the issue.

The popdown listbox displays in the wrong place entirely, completely outside of the containing window, sometimes visible, sometimes not, often with a different font.

Gerald Lester

Mar 19, 2018, 7:14:57 PM3/19/18
OS?

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC |
| Email: Gerald...@kng-consulting.net |

Brad Lanam

Mar 19, 2018, 8:05:33 PM3/19/18
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 4:14:57 PM UTC-7, Gerald Lester wrote:
> On 03/19/2018 09:31 AM, Brad Lanam wrote:
> > Anyone else ever seen this bug?
> > It happens intermittently on a friend's computer.
> > No idea why, no idea how to re-create the issue.
> >
> > The popdown listbox displays in the wrong place entirely, completely outside of the containing window, sometimes visible, sometimes not, often with a different font.
> >

> OS?

Windows 10

Busirane

Mar 26, 2018, 4:33:16 PM3/26/18
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 10:31:49 AM UTC-4, Brad Lanam wrote:
> The popdown listbox displays in the wrong place entirely, completely outside of the containing window, sometimes visible, sometimes not, often with a different font.

Brad:

This is a shot in the dark, but I've seen similar problems on systems with more than one monitor. Specifically, with older Tks, if the target is located vertically "above" the top of the main monitor, it will appear in a strange location.

See https://core.tcl.tk/tk/tktview/3083971fffffffffffff