who are the tcl core team members and how to communicate with them

two...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2019, 1:45:32 PM9/11/19
I've never been able to navigate the TIP process. It's just too difficult for me. My bad. However, I've in the past had a tip submitted and approved by email. That was nearly a decade ago so I'm not sure how to attempt that today.

I just looked at tip 0 and this is mentioned:

"We encourage people outside the Tcl Core Team to get involved with Tcl development ... It's also fine for someone outside the Tcl core team to propose a feature change and then implement it, but there must be a sponsor on the Tcl Core Team who will take personal responsibility for it."

So, can someone point me to the core team, and someone there who I might propose a feature change to?

One change I'd like to see a TIP for and then see a vote on is the idea of heinrichmartin (and implementation which I tested) for words in ()'s to be treated as an expression. This came up just again in the discussion on math::geometrie package. But it's never got to the TIP phase.

Francois Vogel

Sep 11, 2019, 3:56:40 PM9/11/19
Le 11/09/2019 à 19:45, two...@gmail.com a écrit :
> can someone point me to the core team, and someone there who I might propose a feature change to?

The Tcl Core Team can be reached on the TCLCORE list for sure. Also on
this newsgroup. List of members with email addresses available at:

https://wiki.tcl-lang.org/page/Tcl+Core+Team

I suggest you subscribe to the TCLCORE list (optional):

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/lists/tcl-core

and post there: tcl-...@lists.sourceforge.net

Regards,
Francois

two...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2019, 5:40:34 PM9/11/19
On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 12:56:40 PM UTC-7, Francois Vogel wrote:

> and post there: tcl-...@lists.sourceforge.net

So, if I send an email to that address it will read by the core team?

Would it be OK to format a TIP and send it there? Would that be acceptable protocol?

Francois Vogel

Sep 12, 2019, 11:22:26 AM9/12/19
Le 11/09/2019 à 23:40, two...@gmail.com a écrit :
> On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 12:56:40 PM UTC-7, Francois Vogel wrote:
>

>> and post there: tcl-...@lists.sourceforge.net
>>

> So, if I send an email to that address it will read by the core team?

By some members at least, yes. Perhaps all.

> Would it be OK to format a TIP and send it there? Would that be acceptable protocol?

I think so.

TIPs are now stored in a fossil repository here:

https://core.tcl-lang.org/tips/doc/trunk/index.md

It's very easy to clone this repository and create a new entry. Start
reading here:

https://core.tcl-lang.org/tips/doc/trunk/doc/help.md

If you don't have commit access, post the TIP on TCLCORE and seek help
from there.

Regards,
Francois

two...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2019, 1:55:45 PM9/12/19
On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 8:22:26 AM UTC-7, Francois Vogel wrote:

> If you don't have commit access, post the TIP on TCLCORE and seek help
> from there.
>
> Regards,
> Francois

Thanks so much. I don't have access and so I've sent off a proposal, actually two, both related to parsing which I believe would aid much in the readability (and writing) of tcl/tk code.