Tkhtml 3 is working! Thanks Robert & Gerald

thirdsh...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2015, 10:57:30 PM6/27/15
Hi Robert & Gerald-

I had tk and tcl installed via old school with packages from fedora. Every time I needed something I had to install either a fedora package, and if I didn't have the binary, build it. Gerald mentioned get the teacup. WOW! The teacup is awesome. After I wiped out everything with packages and installed active state with teacup, I reinstalled stuff.

The only one I had to cheat on was tcl-pgtcl. I went and got that one and built it because I like that program versus the oo way, as I didn't want to have to recode my sql for postgresql.

It took me an inordinate amount of time fooling with stuff instead of coding trying to get it to run when it was broken. I didn't know if I typed the commands wrong or the install was botched.

Now I have the trick to render a text with formatting. I tried a couple different things like bold and different colored fonts and it works. Once I had it installed from the teacup it took only a matter of minutes to get it working. Last night I tried for hours to get that damn thing to work with the broken installation segfaults.

Robert has the most wicked help system I have seen. I am going to make use of it on my system when I finish. I can't and won't distribute it per the agreement but I'd like to be able on my one and only PC make use of a help system for my little program at home. It is so cool I just want to have it up and running to fool with. I can't believe the work that went into that.

Now for a big break. I have been at it a while. Thanks everyone for helping.

jim