ZIP files with passwords

mse...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2017, 11:53:36 AM3/17/17

Hi all,

I am trying to read zip files which ha been encrypted using a password.

Looking on the wiki and tip #430, it appears the C api has the passwd parameter but it has not been implemented in the TCL interface (except for androwish)

Is there a way using the current TCL 8.6 to read the contents of a password ZIP file.

Martyn

undro...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2017, 4:58:29 PM3/17/17
> Is there a way using the current TCL 8.6 to read the contents of a password ZIP file.

Should work with undroidwish, too, since it uses the same ZIP VFS as in AndroWish.

mse...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2017, 5:15:53 AM3/20/17
On Friday, 17 March 2017 21:58:29 UTC+1, undro...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Is there a way using the current TCL 8.6 to read the contents of a password ZIP file.
>
> Should work with undroidwish, too, since it uses the same ZIP VFS as in AndroWish.

Yes, I understood that both ARM and x86 versions of androwish should work I was asking more about why the password was not handled by vfs::zip::Mount when it is present in the C api. And if there was an alternative library, I am trying to avoid having to recompile TCL just for this functionality.

Martyn

matthe...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2017, 11:24:27 AM3/22/17
Doesn't seem to be part of the vfs::zip implementation AFAICT. FreeWrap uses zvfs (seems to be based on vfs::zip) and mounts a zip file with a password, but that password is set at compile time. http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/freeWrapDocs.pdf