TCLXML31.dll

Cal

Dec 5, 2007, 4:24:41 PM12/5/07
Hi all,

I am relatively new to the Tcl world, and I am having trouble with
this bizarre problem which googling doesn't yield any useful result.
*********************************************************************************************************************
What I'm using: ActiveState Tcl 8.3.4.2
*********************************************************************************************************************
What I need: Adding XSLT capabilities to my Tcl scripts , ActiveState
Tcl 8.3.4.2 includes the Tclxml and Tcldom packages, but not Tclxslt.
It is necessary for me to use ActiveState Tcl 8.3.4.2 because my
company requires it
*********************************************************************************************************************
What I tried to do: I downloaded the TclXML combo package from
http://tclxml.sourceforge.net/combo.html , which includes TclXML,
TclDOM and TclXSLT packages as of today. The instructions for
installation is as follow:

1. Download libxml2-2.6.20 and libxslt-1.1.14+ from the xmlsoft
website. Unpack and copy the win32 binaries for libxml2 and libxslt
into the Tcl bin directory, eg. C:\Tcl\bin.
I downloaded libxml 2-2.6.30 and libxslt-1.1.22, and extracted all the
contents to respective directories (C:\Tcl\bin, C:\Tcl\include, C:\Tcl
\lib)

2. remove the version 2.6 TclXML, TclDOM and TclXSLT packages from the
Tcl installation (eg. C:\Tcl\lib).
I removed tclxml2.0 and tcldom2.0 folders from C:\Tcl\lib

3. Unzip the contents of the combo download into the Tcl installation,
eg. C:\Tcl.
followed this direction exactly.

When I run my script - transform.tcl, it gives error on the first line
"package require dom 3.1", with the following error message:

couldn't load library "C:\Tcl\lib\Tcllibxml3.1\tcllibxml231.dll": this
library or a dependent library could not be found in library path
while executing
"load C:/Tcl/lib/Tcllibxml3.1/tcllibxml231.dll Tclxml_libxml2"
("package ifneeded" script)
invoked from within
"package require xml::libxml2"
("package ifneeded" script)
invoked from within
"package require dom 3.1"
(file "transform.tcl" line 1)

*********************************************************************************************************************
What I have done to try to fix this:

I used dependency walker on tcllibxml231.dll, and found out that it is
missing:
ICONV.DLL
TCLXML31.DLL
ZLIB1.DLL
DWMAPI.DLL

with Delay-load module warning on:
MPR.DLL
SHLWAPI.DLL

I found a TCLXML31.dll in the folder C:\Tcl\lib\Tclxml3.1\ , which was
copied over from the combo TCLXML combo file I downloaded, I also
downloaded ICONV.DLL and ZLIB1.DLL from http://www.dll-files.com/ ,
and extracted them to the "c:\windows\system\" directory (not
DWMAPI.DLL though). I tried to run the script, instead of giving me
error message, it crashes tclsh.
*********************************************************************************************************************
I am at loss right now, I can't get the XML / XDOM / XSLT to work in
ActiveState Tcl 8.3.4.2, and I can't upgrade it because it could break
other Tcl scripts that my company run on a daily basis. Any input
would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Calvin

Gerald W. Lester

Dec 6, 2007, 11:38:48 AM12/6/07
Cal wrote:
> ... I am at loss right now, I can't get the XML / XDOM / XSLT to work in

> ActiveState Tcl 8.3.4.2, and I can't upgrade it because it could break
> other Tcl scripts that my company run on a daily basis. Any input
> would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Are you sure that something would break?

There should be no backward incompatibilities between 8.3.x and 8.4.x or
even 8.5.x.

Could you find out what would cause something to break and post it?

--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Gerald W. Lester |

Troy....@amd.com

Dec 6, 2007, 12:04:39 PM12/6/07
On Dec 5, 3:24 pm, Cal <ducal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am relatively new to the Tcl world, and I am having trouble with
> this bizarre problem which googling doesn't yield any useful result.
> *********************************************************************************************************************
> What I'm using: ActiveState Tcl 8.3.4.2
> *********************************************************************************************************************
> What I need: Adding XSLT capabilities to my Tcl scripts , ActiveState
> Tcl 8.3.4.2 includes the Tclxml and Tcldom packages, but not Tclxslt.
> It is necessary for me to use ActiveState Tcl 8.3.4.2 because my
> company requires it
> *********************************************************************************************************************
> What I tried to do: I downloaded the TclXML combo package fromhttp://tclxml.sourceforge.net/combo.html, which includes TclXML,

We also had this problem with loading dom. Something in the paths
to do package require xml first, that loads "something", and then the
package require dom worked.

Troy

vidya1...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2018, 10:07:17 AM6/19/18
Hi All,

i am also facing the same issue. After the installation of tclxml3.1,i am not able find the libtcldom3.2.so file.can anyone help me what should i do next?

Thanks in advance..