A note about spam

tclwa...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2018, 12:59:51 AM1/9/18
It is obvious, that there is a lot of spam on this group
does this group have an admin that can remove the span message

This seems to have been going on for a while

Any reason why nothing is being done about this

Christian Gollwitzer

Jan 9, 2018, 1:32:52 AM1/9/18
Am 09.01.18 um 06:59 schrieb tclwa...@gmail.com:
> It is obvious, that there is a lot of spam on this group
> does this group have an admin that can remove the span message

There is no such thing as an admin. This group is hosted on Usenet as an
unmoderated group. Besides, I'm not sharing your opinion that there is a
lot of spam; at least compared to other gropus on Usenet this one is
relatively tidy.

Christian

Arjen Markus

Jan 9, 2018, 2:27:22 AM1/9/18
On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 7:32:52 AM UTC+1, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:
> Am 09.01.18 um 06:59 schrieb tclwarrior:
> > It is obvious, that there is a lot of spam on this group
> > does this group have an admin that can remove the span message
>
> There is no such thing as an admin. This group is hosted on Usenet as an
> unmoderated group. Besides, I'm not sharing your opinion that there is a
> lot of spam; at least compared to other gropus on Usenet this one is
> relatively tidy.
>

> Christian

Furthermore, most of the spam is easily recognisable: it is written in Arabic literals. While I cannot read Arabic, I daresay these posts are spam, given the structure.

Regards,

Arjen

Cecil Westerhof

Jan 9, 2018, 3:14:05 AM1/9/18
I agree: I almost see no spam. But when I for example look at the
python newsgroup …

That said the most notorious spammers are in my kill file. So note to
OP make sure you use a good newsreader and use a kill file.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

Richard Owlett

Jan 9, 2018, 5:27:21 AM1/9/18
I also see very little spam. As I see relatively little spam on all the
groups I follow, I suspect part of the reason may be using a paid news
server {news.supernews.com}. I also use a paid e-mail provider and see
less spam than others on high volume mailing lists than others complain
about. Sometimes "free"{sic} just costs too much {i.e. aggravation}.

YMMV

Rich

Jan 9, 2018, 5:34:23 AM1/9/18
One sees almost zero spam in this group, provided that one uses a real
usenet news reader with a killfile and sets up only a few kill rules
for the group.

You, however, are using the *worst* possible interface to read the
group: Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com Google
groups.

You have no kill file capability, so you get to see all the spam, and
can not do anything about it.

Stop using google groups, get a real usenet account (Eternal September:
https://www.eternal-september.org/ or AIOE: https://news.aioe.org/ or
one of the paid usenet providers) and run a real news reader that has
kill file capability:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Usenet_newsreaders and you too
can enjoy an all but spam free group.