How to build exportable tcltk on macosx

Robert Karen

May 25, 2018, 12:15:47 AM5/25/18
Hi, I did this many years ago but it's not working for me now.
I want to compile Wish.app so that I can export it to other mac's.
after downloading source for tcl and tk, I did something like this:
I set min version (I have 10.13, gcc ver 4.2.1)
test:macosx namsi$ echo $CFLAGS
-mmacosx-version-min=10.12

cd tcl8.6.8/macosx
./configure
make embedded
it created ../../build/Deployment etc but it didn't create Wish.app anywhere,
which is what I expected.

Thanks for any help.

Robert Karen

Kevin Walzer

May 26, 2018, 10:30:19 AM5/26/18
Did you also build Tk using the same flags?

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin/Mobile Code by Kevin

Kevin Walzer

May 26, 2018, 10:30:42 AM5/26/18
On 5/25/18 12:15 AM, Robert Karen wrote:
i.e. you have to build both Tcl and Tk as embedded to get Wish.app.

Robert Karen

May 29, 2018, 11:31:42 AM5/29/18
Oops. Thanks! Working now.

RK