Web Services for TCL (aka tclws) 2.5.0 released

Harald Oehlmann

Jan 8, 2018, 1:52:59 PM1/8/18
Thanks to all contributors and the mentor Gerald, it was possible to
release version 2.5.0 of the TCL Web Service client and server package.

Changes are only on the client side and only allow to query web-services
which use the features: http forward, inline namespaces

Website:
https://core.tcl.tk/tclw

Release notes:
http://core.tcl.tk/tclws/technote?name=1c91659de3

Also remark, that tcl 8.6.8 has fixed the continue bug in the http
package, which was necessary to query a MS Web service. So, http 2.8.12
is recommended if you plan to do this.

Normally, I try to release shortly after a new tcl release, to get it in
all batteries included distributions. Nevertheless, Ashok was faster
this time.
You may expect a new version of BWidgets this week.

Enjoy,
Harald

Stephen Nally

Jan 8, 2018, 4:15:58 PM1/8/18
Hi Harald,

The link

https://core.tcl.tk/tclw

is incorrect. It should be

core.tcl.tk/tclws

Thanks for all your work.

Stephen

Harald Oehlmann

Jan 9, 2018, 8:04:34 AM1/9/18
Am 08.01.2018 um 22:15 schrieb Stephen Nally:
> Hi Harald,
>
> The link
>
> https://core.tcl.tk/tclw
>
> is incorrect. It should be
>
> core.tcl.tk/tclws
>
> Thanks for all your work.
>
> Stephen

Thank you for the correction.
Harald

Ashok

Jan 11, 2018, 1:49:22 AM1/11/18

On 1/9/2018 12:22 AM, Harald Oehlmann wrote:
> Normally, I try to release shortly after a new tcl release, to get it in
> all batteries included distributions. Nevertheless, Ashok was faster
> this time.
> You may expect a new version of BWidgets this week.
>
> Enjoy,
> Harald

No matter. Will include updates for both in my next binary release,
probably in a couple of weeks.

/Ashok