Disable tiff when cross-compiling tkimg

Roger Oberholtzer

Oct 18, 2017, 3:00:54 AM10/18/17
I am trying to build tkimg 1.4.6 using MinGW. I am building on Linux, and cross-compiling for Windows. Since the compiler is not running on Windows, one cannot run a Windows executable as part of the build. When building libtiff, this happens.

So, I thought I would disable tiff support in Img. I have tried:

--without-tifftcl
--without-tiff
--without-libtiff
--with-tifftcl=no

No matter, the build still wants to make libtiff, and fails:

chmod u+x mkg3states.exe
./mkg3states.exe -b -c const tif_fax3sm.c
./mkg3states.exe: ./mkg3states.exe: cannot execute binary file
Makefile:356: recipe for target 'tif_fax3sm.c' failed
make[1]: *** [tif_fax3sm.c] Error 126
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/tkimg/libtiff'

Is it possible to fully disable tiff when building tkimg?

undro...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2017, 1:43:51 PM10/18/17
Wine in combination with binfmt-misc comes in mind

And biased me suggests to have a look into undroidwish on www.androwish.org

in vino veritas,
Christian

Roger Oberholtzer

Oct 24, 2017, 3:29:57 AM10/24/17
On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 7:43:51 PM UTC+2, undro...@gmail.com wrote:
> Wine in combination with binfmt-misc comes in mind
>
> And biased me suggests to have a look into undroidwish on www.androwish.org

I am building this in the openSUSE build service. It uses gcc cross compiling tools. When the build process wants to run a native application, this can fail. I would need to patch the configure/Makefiles to accomplish this. But that is not so straight forward because in the case of libtiff, it is wanting to run a program it has just built. So there is no native version available.

I think that this indicates to me that no one does a cross-compile of TkImg (i.e., build on Linux to make Windows binaries). Or, if they do, they are patching the configure scripts to disable libtiff because, despite the --without options and that libtiff is optional, the current code insists on building it.