Call on TCT members to sponsor TIPs

Don Porter

Jan 24, 2018, 9:28:27 AM1/24/18

Hi TCT folks,

I'd like to ask each TCT member who is at all able to do so to please
look through our accumulated record of TIPs and choose one that you can
sponsor for voting in February. If 10 of us can do that, we can make at
least a starting dent in our backlog of neglected work.

https://tip.tcl.tk/

We're getting regular progress on TIPs now, and that's good, but those
of us most active are naturally favoring the work we're most excited
about, often our own proposals. Meanwhile many many many ideas lie
dormant, even some which are as ready to consider as anything else.

I know that there have been pleas not too long past that the following
TIPs are believed ready for consideration, if you need suggestions.

TIP 351: Add Striding Support to lsearch
TIP 462: Add New [::tcl::process] Ensemble for Subprocess Management
TIP 475: Add [string insert] Command and C API

But feel free to choose whatever you have the best sense about.

If it's more in your nature, a pass through looking for and closing any
TIPs that have been made obsolete by adoption of a competing proposal
would also be some useful work to get done.

--
| Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division |
| donald...@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory |

Harald Oehlmann

Jan 24, 2018, 10:49:22 AM1/24/18
Dear Donald,

thank you for the initiative.

May I ask to add
# TIP 490: msgcat for tcloo
to the list of tips considered as ready by a non-TCT member (myself) ?

Thank you,
Harald